Sign in to follow this  
Trig

Dent - Pissed off. :roll:... but not anymore! :)

:(

Yup, that trolley must have been travelling pretty quick I reckon. Glad I didn't turn around and see it, i'd have broken down in tears.

I've booked it in with the local 'SPS Bodyworks'. Bit of a wait but he knows what he's talking about and he's into dubs. Plus he's very busy so he can't be bad! At least i'll have a nice shiny door and rear quater. :)

Yeh Walesy, i've been avoiding paying £5 a day on parking! Plus some of the carparks close at midnight which isn't always enough! We're getting parking permits sorted eventually but for now she's living up there! And she's filthy as well! No time to clean her.. :(

And she's filthy as well!

Well, I wasn't gonna mention that :lol: :wink:

Still looks fecking nice though dude , on the original speedlines!

I'm starting to look at this as the beginings of a respray. Just not all at once!

Still looks fecking nice though dude , on the original speedlines!

Thanks mate :)

Hey up Trigger, I spotted your car a few times over the weekend, I was staying in Watergate bay for RTTS. I passed you on Friday morning coming down into the bay, red valver following a yellow Karmann Ghia, you were driving up the hill - would've waved but I was half asleep. :sleeping:

I pulled in the lay-by to check yours out yesterday, looks v nice mate and I didn't notice any dents but you had a massive bird shizzle on the headlight. :splat: 8)

What does the age matter when its a clear coat finish? once they take a thin layer off with a compound, it's as-new, the base coat doesn't fade or deteriorate.

somehow i can't see them managing to just take the clearcoat off without damaging the base coat...........if that was the case then instead of them re-painting a panel or car if the laquer is lifting which happens eventually they'd only have to re-laquer

No I didn't mean they take the whole clearcoat layer off, just a few microns or whatever to expose fresh stuff. What I meant was that the basecoat can't deteriorate or loose its colour because it's protected by the clearcoat. Any dulling or haze is superficial in the top surface of the clearcoat.

Hey up Trigger, I spotted your car a few times over the weekend, I was staying in Watergate bay for RTTS. I passed you on Friday morning coming down into the bay, red valver following a yellow Karmann Ghia, you were driving up the hill - would've waved but I was half asleep. :sleeping:

I pulled in the lay-by to check yours out yesterday, looks v nice mate and I didn't notice any dents but you had a massive bird shizzle on the headlight. :splat: 8)

LOL yup that's right!

I remember passing you round the corner and I managed a quick wave!

What does the age matter when its a clear coat finish? once they take a thin layer off with a compound, it's as-new, the base coat doesn't fade or deteriorate.

somehow i can't see them managing to just take the clearcoat off without damaging the base coat...........if that was the case then instead of them re-painting a panel or car if the laquer is lifting which happens eventually they'd only have to re-laquer

No I didn't mean they take the whole clearcoat layer off, just a few microns or whatever to expose fresh stuff. What I meant was that the basecoat can't deteriorate or loose its colour because it's protected by the clearcoat. Any dulling or haze is superficial in the top surface of the clearcoat.[/quote:c886f]

Mate you really are talking sh1t! Obviously there are some repairs that won't need full blending but the majority of the time it will, otherwise it is nothing but a patch up bodge job.

Mate you really are talking s**t! Obviously there are some repairs that won't need full blending but the majority of the time it will, otherwise it is nothing but a patch up bodge job.

Exactly which bit am I talking sh*t about, mate? Have you ever done any bodywork repairs or painting/polishing yourself?

I've never said that all repairs can be sorted locally, but 'patch up bodge jobs' are usually caused by either lack of skill or a rush job. Some Local repairs CAN be blended perfectly in to the existing panel if they are done right.

yes mate used to work in a bodyshop when I was at school.

Your words before.... I can understand them wanting to do the whole panel because you don't have to blend with anything, but fading it in to the next panel is just being soft.

Sounds to me like your saying that most jobs can be done locally from that statement!

16vradge, did I see you again yesterday? A red valver drove past the Watergatebay carpark and round the corner, I stared at the driver ( I was perched on a rock)!

Saw Walesy and gave him a shout, I was in the Fifteen pink buggy. :)

Wish it was me mate but I'm back at work in Leeds, I reckon a few people might have stayed down there for the week after RTTS. A few of my mates are still down there on the Watergate camp site they're in a yellow ghia, blue and white bay camper and a helios blue mk2 16v GTI. 8)

Your a lucky git having that view out of the window when your at work! I look at an industrial estate and a railway line. :x

UPDATE

Well well well... here's some news for all you doubters out there (Walesy). With the help of my father in law (who used to be a solicitor) we issued proceedings against Tesco for the £250 it cost to fix the dent, they replied to the court stating that they would defend the claim. But a week on i've received a letter from them saying that they will not be defentding the claim anymore as the costs of going to court are greater than the claim, they'll be sending me a cheque within the next week for £280!!! (extra £30 to cover the costs of issuing proceedings).

So yes, it can be done! Even against the mighty Tesco!

Trig

UPDATE

Well well well... here's some news for all you doubters out there (Walesy). With the help of my father in law (who used to be a solicitor) we issued proceedings against Tesco for the £250 it cost to fix the dent, they replied to the court stating that they would defend the claim. But a week on i've received a letter from them saying that they will not be defentding the claim anymore as the costs of going to court are greater than the claim, they'll be sending me a cheque within the next week for £280!!! (extra £30 to cover the costs of issuing proceedings).

So yes, it can be done! Even against the mighty Tesco!

Trig

Haha! Sweet, and the moral of the story is " don't mess with a retired solicitor! "

Nice one dude.

Thinking about it, you've gone and set a president (sp?) there, they can't say yes to you and no to others! :)

They can because it was settled out of court. If it was done in court then it would have opened the flood gates! Thats why they settled.

True but if it were to happen to any of my fellow Corrado owners i'd say the outcome would be similar. The fact is though that my dent was caused by an unmanded trolley so the onus does fall more on Tesco rather than a random customer.

Congrats mate, thing is the supermarket / their employees are responisble for making sure trolleys are put back into the storage bays / inside the store and making them secure at the end of every working day, so they would probably had to pay anyway had it gone to court.

As it was the cost of them contesting the claim would have outweighed the cost of damage anyways as well as fact (as mentioned above) that if you had won case in court they would have been inundated with similar claims once it had been made public.

If trolleys are just dumped by customers that can't be bothered to put them back to bays etc. then it is the stores responsibilty to make sure they are put back away properly (FFS they have trolleyjob dudes that get paid to collect said trolleys all around the carpark and put them back to storage( , so if they suddenly moved / got blown etc. into someones car it would be their responsibility to pay as the trolley due wasn't doing his job properly.

Nice one.