Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Roadside sights

Anyone seen any wierd stuff by the side of the road?

I would like to know why the Word "PEAS" is written on the bridge over the M25 by Rickmansworth.

theres a bridge up the road from me and someones wrote "god ?know you believe " and thats how its spelt ,think they meant now ,or did they ??

driving down a dual carriage way the othr day i swear i saw a shock absorber with spring in on the side of the road,you have to wnder if they noticed its missing ?

Best one was a pub near where I used to work - the road it was on was called 'Butts' and the pub was called the Butts Retreat - except that someone had strategically removed letters to rename it Butt treat

Genius! ;)

There was a shop in Street that was called "Fine Shoes"

Every other week people would remove the letter S leaving "fine hoes"

In the end, they painted the sign on, spoilsports!!!!

I would like to know why the Word "PEAS" is written on the bridge over the M25 by Rickmansworth.

it actually says "no war, peas" :lol:

thats the same piece of wall that was mentioned on top gear where it also says "why do i do this every day" which really isnt what you want to see when your in the middle of a traffic jam commuting into london :cry: .

you also seem to see a lot of single shoes at the side of the road but never a pair?

you also seem to see a lot of single shoes at the side of the road but never a pair?

There's one next to your car in your avatar mate! :lol:

Best one was a pub near where I used to work - the road it was on was called 'Butts' and the pub was called the Butts Retreat - except that someone had strategically removed letters to rename it Butt treat

Genius! ;)

Class :lol:

my dad once told me about a shoe shop that was near where he lived when he was younger, it was called R SOLES.

cheers

Ben

Aberdeen Harbour has a lane called Shore Lane which every so often loses its S..............funnily enough its also in part of the red light area

the twisty lane down to my missus place near Brentwood is called 'Wiggly Bush' :D

I also saw an upturned Horse Box on the A34 (Oxford to Newbury) and a vet tooling up to 'treat' the animal inside :(

Same road (A34) I saw a small flatbed trailor 'parked' in the central reservation, jutting about a metre out into the fast lane

it actually says "no war, peas" :lol:

thats the same piece of wall that was mentioned on top gear where it also says "why do i do this every day" which really isnt what you want to see when your in the middle of a traffic jam commuting into london :cry: .

The "Why do I do this everyday" is on the M40 just before M25.

The one I on about does just say PEAS.

sign on the a5 near cannock in a field ,offering "farmers own seed " even my g/f laugh's at that

['H3R4POR]the twisty lane down to my missus place near Brentwood is called 'Wiggly Bush' :D

Hehe, sorta similar to mine. Can't remember where it is now, but there's a place called Box Bush

And another... sign at the side of the road reading ''Warm Beer, Cr4p Food - Country Pub next right'' :lol:

Hehe, sorta similar to mine. Can't remember where it is now, but there's a place called Box Bush

I've driven through there on my way to Wales (going the back way), its on the A40/41 I think.

sorta Gloucester way (from Oxford)

There's a garden shed place in Ripley, just off the A3, offering "Free Erection"... :norty:

that could save me a fortune, I usually have to pay ;)

['H3R4POR]
Hehe' date=' sorta similar to mine. Can't remember where it is now, but there's a place called Box Bush[/quote']

I've driven through there on my way to Wales (going the back way), its on the A40/41 I think.

sorta Gloucester way (from Oxford)

That's the booger!

Some fool has decided to graffiti a lot of the railway bridges in harpenden with 'Jesus hates Egg and Cress'

What's that all about???

On the A40 between Gloucester and Ross, there's a village with a wonderful name. :)

boxbush512.jpg

Edit: I see it's already been commented on. Here's the photographic evidence :D

There's a garden shed place in Ripley, just off the A3, offering "Free Erection"... :norty:

That one always makes me giggle like a little girl.