Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Biggerbigneil's Black VR6

EDIT - History of car from previous owner on the forum: -

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:30 pm NEW MEMBER TO THE CORRADO CREW!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people,

As of yesterday I am now an owner of a CVR6!

At the time I was giving some serious consideration to a late spec Nissan 200 Touring which is a very useful second hand buy, thanks to consideration! On face value, the Nissan has a lot going for it, 200bhp, rwd, full leather, air con,10 stack cd. But the truth is, the Corrado is a better place to be, looks much better and is an all round better performer. I have never owned a 6cylinder car but am definitley enjoying it!

It's silky smooth and has a great engine note to it. I bought the car off a woman who had owned it for 4 years, it has done 133k miles which is average for this car but high in general terms. The fact is that this car still feels miles better then when I bought a mint 205 1.9 with 69k.

I am planning some minor mods for now- powerflex bushes, cross drilled brakes and an induction kit....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

Maybe a lot of modding maybe not, who knows?

i can see you posting a few threads in the wanted section?? but i'm sure you can do it.

The plastic trim is all loose and warped around the hand brake lever so I drove home with the hand brake slightly on..

i`ve got some black trims that may be useful, give us a pm if your in need mate :thumbleft:

It's a case of 'you get what you pay for' I'm afraid but you knew that anyway. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll have it sweet in no time.

Cheers Guys, working on it already.

Does the dash have to come out fo the heater matrix or can I just remove the lower dash on the passenger side?

The engine code is ABV 0007455 - this is a 2.9L, phew!

After checking through the service receipts and MOT's, it is the original engine so must have had a rebuild, I'll phone the company tomorrow - London Engine & Gearbox services.

It has a FVWSH and has had a serious amount of money spent on it, I just can't understand it's current condition from the expenditure and regular services.

still think you got a good deal mate. any help let me know, we're only in beckenham and gladly lend a hand

nice one

Gav

Thanks for the help offers! May need to take some people up on that

Will try and get some pics tonight

Haven't Vag Com's it yet, but will do!

Phoned up the garage

Seemed reasonably normal

The crank had to be replaced, so a bottom end rebuild has been done, it's just not very well documented. I think £1500 sounds about right to do everything though.

Going to attempt the heater matrix this weekend!

I can't get photo's until the weekend I'm afraid, it's at my Mum's house, off the road and away from the elements!

I'll try and take some pics when I do the heater matrix - haven't one of these before

What on earth does "smoke at high revs cause by oil in EX box" mean?

This is on a VW service invoice after the engine rebuild.

Also diagnosed misfire by fitting HT leads to correct points lol

Should run ok now

Hey Dude

Interior - seats don't adjust, door pins aren't there, rear seats and trim aren't even fastened down properley. Clean everything properley!

Touch up and polish up to the best I can - respray depending if I decide to keep it or sell it on

Sort engine out, service etc

Work out if wheels are bent lol, look out for some speedlines/solitudes in good condition with tyres

Sort out electrics

Get it though the MOT - ABS, calipers, brake lines and host of other problems

Sort the alarm and locks out

I'll start with the heater matrix and ride quality!

Few pics after some polishing and attempting to do the heater matrix...

I've got a feeling it is the expansion tank after all of that...

Alloys are a complete mess - does anyone have some really good condition speedlines with good tyres they want to sell?

I like the colour, need to polish out a few more areas and get some dents removed, the chassis is actually in better condition than my old one, which was a nice surprise!

Oh there is also a sony CD player, which looks very factory, a tape holder in the center console (where VDO gauges go) and the sun roof works!

attempting to do the heater matrix...

I've got a feeling it is the espansion tank after all of that...

it`s still a good idea to get it sorted anyhow, so dont feel like you`ve wasted your time, the good thing about doing this sort of job is not having to experience the disaster / agony of having it go pop just when you need it the least 8)

:) i had a matrix go on my 16v golf and i nearly had a nasty accident !!!, apart from the nasty antifreeze smell and misting uo of the windows, the carpet had got waterlogged quite quickly and the combination of wet trainers on smooth pedal rubbers was alarming as i went to brake and found my foot slipping off the brake pedal :shock: , nowt happened fortunately but it was damn close ......... it would be nice if someone had come up with a stainless steel one that came as a fit and forget thing making all this matrix nonsense a thing of the past ............ (starts to think ) maybe someone has already :-P

I think what I achieved on the body work was the only time well spent, using 400 and 800 grades of wet and dry around the laquer and paint peel then some G3 compound afterwards has improved the state alot!

There were stains in the body work that looked like paint stripper on the roof, rear bumper and front bumper, which I have managed to get out, needs a bit more work on the front.

Cleaned the engine bay and every part of the car

Got the locks and sunroof working properley without any squeaks

I think it's going to need a new exhaust and as everything is standard, I'd like to get a VW exhaust - any ideas on the cost for a cat back?

Haven't finished doing the matrix yet, need to get a new expansion tank, change the oil, filter and sort out the horrible ride and ABS light, then get an MOT!