Jim

Jim's Corrado - ciao to the Fiat! Hello to.. (P64)

Really pleased for you Jim, know you hqve been after a VR for a while and certainly sounds like you have a great base to work on.

Much rather buy a C that is mechanically solid and needs a little bodywork than the other way round

I'm going to take it for a quick 15 minute spin tomorrow morning before Jim gets here. I need to say goodbye :wave:

take it easy now ;)

Well Jim has just drove off in her. Absolutely gutted :( but happy that's it's going to Jim and looking forward to seeing it when he can get the paintwork done :)

well, unless he's taking a looong detour, i think we should expect to hear first impressions any time now :)

Got back about 3.30pm but then had to take a trip up to my lock-up to unload the tonne of parts from Neil, and the Speedlines I picked up in Kev.

What can I say - chuffed to bits with the VR. It's a real testament to the sheer amount of hours that Neil and Kev have put into it frankly.. the interior is just silent, rattle free and it drives absolutely beautifully. I took a steady drive back because of the atrocious conditions and the heavy traffic on the A14 and just sat at a steady 70MPH and returned over 35MPG!

I felt really bad taking the car from Neil frankly as it was clear it was your project and you'd not 'finished' the project yet. I hope the R32 puts some smiles back on your face though mate, and I hope I can give the Corrado the same level of TLC that you've put into it.

Quick pic from just before I hopped in and drove it home is below. Not going to take any more till I've had a chance to give it a good wash.. the interior is immaculate but it's now got 130 miles of rainy muck all over it!!

Glad you made it back ok mate and really happy you got as good one... it felt solid and planted on the road!

Excellent news Jim, only a week after me :lol: You get to drive it now, mine won't be on the road until at least mid April :(

I got good MPG too on my journey home with the VR on Saturday.

Hoping to have a goood poke round on Sunday Jim :lol: Got the steering wheel of too for you to look at.

According to Neils wishes, going to get saving to treat it to some time in the paintshop. But otherwise - no. The valver got modified because it was already modified a bit. This has had very few things done to it mods wise and most of those could be considered 'OE+' type modifications.. I just want to leave it as a nice, original looking VR6 :)

Ah yes, nearly forgot about this, so something to look at at the AGM :clap:

Happy VRing :D

Tempest

so something to look at at the AGM

Annual Gay Meeting?

:wave:

so something to look at at the AGM

Annual Gay Meeting?

See you there then stevie :camp:

Nice one Jimbo, a good decision and I am sure you will be happy with the car.

Looking forward to seeing it later this year (which means you need to come to BVF!)

And about time too Jim! Sounds like the wait was well worth it - have you got a BMC CDA on it? If not I'd recommend it - perfect accompaniment to the VR6.

Enjoy!

Thanks Vorn :) As much as I love the VR6's induction noise and as much as I know the BMC is a reversible modification, something about a virtually standard VR6 is what I want. It was always my intention to find one that was just original and looked after! Sure there are a few modifications to this one but only a handful - think I'll leave it there and just concentrate on keeping in great shape rather that further mods :)

Compared to the valver which is quite boomy thanks to a K&N filter, drilled airbox and Magnex exhaust, it's quite nice to be able to have a conversation with a passenger at motorway speeds too :)

Hmm.. Neil said Dragon the other day, but I did think it was classic previously. I'll check the paint code in the boot tomorrow :)

Nice one Jim, you finally got your wish - enjoy it :clap:

Saw Neil at Stonor last year with this car and it looked a nice straight example then :)