Sign in to follow this  
herisites

I dont get it...whats the difference?

Hi,

I am looking to buy a corrado vr6 soon and have been getting insurance quotes. So far i got a good quote from the AA of £1200 fully comp (considering im 20 with only 1 year ncb i think thats pretty good!). So i start looking for cars to buy, i find an immaculate low mileage storm on piston heads and so i check the insurance on a storm and its £3200!! How can it be that much different between the two cars, hasnt the storm only got few more specs than the vr6? Looking at that i think i will go for the standard vr6!

Rob H.

Supposed to be one insurance group higher according to some insurers.

There's hardly any difference between the VR and the Storm....that would cost an insurance company more anyway!

probably to do with the rarity of storms, there arent that many about and they command a higher price than identical spec, same age 'standard' VR's. The insurance company are probably looking at how much it'd cost to buy another Storm and how hard they are to find.

£1200 is VERY cheap for a 20 y/o with 1 year NCB! I was 25/26 when I had the VR and it was costing me close to that with 2 years NCB.

Yeah probs is because of the storms rarity, its weird how much difference in insurance though!

I know the quote is cheap thats why i wanna find a car soon! It has a lot to do with where you live though im told so i guess my area is pretty safe lol.

it'll be the rarity as said above.

not too much difference between a VR and a Storm (just badges and wheels really)

Value of the vehicle will effect it without a doubt... in my experiece a Storm will be worth around £1.5K more than an equivenent VR!

do u have to declare it has a storm though.... doesnt say storm on the log book does it ?

do u have to declare it has a storm though.... doesnt say storm on the log book does it ?

Is this true? Saying that though the insurance company have both cars on their system so if i ever claimed they would know its a storm, i could just say its a storm replica though and they wouldnt know, or would they?

I've always been 100% truthful with insurance companies, as any excuse and they won't pay out, and you don't wanna be in that situation

['H3R4POR]I've always been 100% truthful with insurance companies' date=' as any excuse and they won't pay out, and you don't wanna be in that situation[/quote'] Me Too

The Storm badges make it more desirable and worth slightly more (particulary to thieves) so yeah most insurers will put it in a higher group.

If you had an accident for example the insurers engineer inspected the car, it could void your insurance if it was a non declared Storm. Maybe even putting Storm badges on a std. Corrado would have the same effect!