Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

whats all this OBD2 stuff?

right finances have sorta took a turn for the good in a weird kind of way,any i may be lookin into joinin the vr6 crew within the next few weeks :D i never really bothered readin the vr6 threads that much,but i noticed that triggs has just done the OBD2 conversion could someone explain this OBD2 stuff has i have no idea what its all about(go easy has i get confused easily :lol: )

Spoke to Andy at PSI about this.

Said that for the cost it isn't really worth it.

Slightly more pick up and easier vag-com, other than that, I'd stick with standard VR6's. Nothing to think about at this stage.

Later ECU and management off Golfs ect,supposed to run smoother and has no Idle valve as they use a step-a-motor on throttle.Better Mapping values if you are going down forced air road,but Not much point as OBD1 does the same job.

2.8 golf Highlines run near 190 BHP just by using OBD2 but on 2.9 don't think the power is any different.

right finances have sorta took a turn for the good in a weird kind of way,any i may be lookin into joinin the vr6 crew within the next few weeks :D i never really bothered readin the vr6 threads that much,but i noticed that triggs has just done the OBD2 conversion could someone explain this OBD2 stuff has i have no idea what its all about(go easy has i get confused easily :lol: )

Roll up, roll up.

Lovely blue vr for sale.

Only 4k to you mate ;)

just browsin about @ the mo,see whats knockin about,seen a few in the for sale section but hopin to get a bit of a bargin like yaselfs :D

if nothin turns up i'm sure gman would be glad to have my money to sort out me g60 for me

if nothin turns up i'm sure gman would be glad to have my money to sort out me g60 for me

....... dont forget that i`ll happily take a browse at a corrado for ya if it`s down this way :thumbleft: .............. then buy it meself :lol: , only joking mate, i wouldnt do that to you, anyhoo, i`m all corrado`d up at the mo

,cheers gazza,i keep toyin we the idea of gettin summat a bit newer aswell,there was a passat near me 20v t full leather air con the lot for 2k almost got that!!

there was a passat near me 20v t full leather air con the lot for 2k almost got that!!

not a bad choice mate, i quite like the look of the passat as it happens, i suppose the world is your oyster at the moment ..... just spend wisely, even when the car i`m buying is the one i want i`m still reluctant to let go of the money 8)

Greeny, make sure you look at my members gallery thread for the full OBD2 lowdown.

I did it because my ECU was knackered anyway. Parts were free really after you sell the parts that come off so you're just paing for labour. Idle is sooo much better, never stalls. Oh and then there's the fuel economy.... :)

just spend wisely, even when the car i`m buying is the one i want i`m still reluctant to let go of the money 8)

Tight a*se :)

Tight a*se

cant help it mate :lol: , i so hate that feeling that once i let go of the dosh then i`ll see a better deal around the corner a week or so later, so many times i have bought something only to find i could have had so much more for the same money or less :)