Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Evo Feature Day - Roundup/Pics on Page #4!

Storm Warning, glad to hear you had a great time!

So, how did the Corrado fair overall? Or are you sworn to secrecy ;-)

Shame but being realistic the Corrado just can't compare to some of those on handling alone. 3 of the 5 that went through were small and light hot hatches, the MK5 GTI is brand bloody new so would be worried if that wasn't there and the Integra was always regarded as supremely good on the bends...

Still sounds like a great day and can't wait for the feature :)

Ahh.. that side mounted tripod.. I always wondered how they got some of those cool close up motion shots of the cars - now I know!!

they love their clio's now don't they!

would've thought the alfa 147 GTA would be there if it was THE best front wheel drive's of all time.

i've always wondered what an integra was like to drive, but i must admit i'm dissapointed that the torque of the Corrado didn't win over the VTEC rev-lover

Surely that is quite a random line up....... the mk5 is brand new (as said), so is the mini gp and clio...........

the c had no chance really......... :nono:

Well EVO often do that - and it gives older, more forgotten about cars a chance to share the limelight with the more modern and popular machinery.

They did their drivers car of the year a year or two back, with a roundup of all the best from the past 15 or so years - along with a load of Porsches, a Zonda, etc there was a Clio Williams! So at least they're willing to span classes / power etc to give praise to a car where it has earned it.

That the Corrado is being compared to some very well regarded hot hatches like the Clio Cup, and some much much more modern machinery like the MK5 GTI shows how good it still is IMHO.

I am proud the Corrado was even invited. They obviously excluded a great many cars to even come up with that line up. I asked about other MKs of Golf and they said they were close to including a MK2 GTi but never a 3 or 4. Nice to see no Calibra either.

EVO rate the Corrado as a 5 star car, I think it will get a good right up, at least we don't have to wait too long to find out.

The Tripod on the car trick was an eye opener, wind screen suckers clamps and gaffer tape... followed by a high speed (10mph) run with a photographer running along side with a finger on the button.

The chase shots when boyle was in the MK1 were good fun, took very steady throttle control to get into position when they were on the other side of the road. No doubt looks mad to other road users :-)

Well with regards to the competing coupes of the era, just shows what we've known all along - the Calibra, Probe, Celica et all just were not as good as the Corrado! :)

i've never driven a corrado VR6 so can't comment on how much better they are to drive than calibra's, celica's etc...(even though i know it's miles)

what initially attracted me to corrado's, and obviously still does, is that they still look so fresh... mines a 1990 G plater, and put that into context with other cars it's age, in fact even much newer cars, and it looks much, much fresher and more head turning than any cars i can think of.

i love the look of the alfa romeo SZ, but even that looks a good decade (if not more) behind a corrado

totally timeless design, i'm just wondering when it will start to look dated! hopefully never!!

The VR6 is too nose heavy to really shine in that company, but flattering it was included all the same. I hope they at least mention the C in the write up.

Shame they didn't want a modded one as a VR with a quaife and 2 degrees more positive caster would cut it with the top 5 easily, but it would be an unfair advantage.

Well done anyway chap, Evo days out are top quality regardless.

Not surprised at the 5 they selected. The 205 is king among those, imo, for handling, standard v standard. Punchy, lightweight motor and 800kg. It's onto a headstart straight away.

would've thought the alfa 147 GTA would be there if it was THE best front wheel drive's of all time.

I think the Alfa 147 is a cracking looking car and in a straight line it is stupidly fast- I actually thought it had a reputation as being a poor handling car though- I think there is an aftermarket upgrade kit which puts it right though.

The other car in there which has a great reputation is the Ford Puma- plus its cheap enough to consider getting as a fun second car to the VR- been thinking about one for a while now

Really looking forward to reading the article though

A fat rear ARB is always the way to kill understeer in FWD cars, along with more caster and neg camber...

Maybe I should have cheated ;-)

I am sure it will get a mention, the main writer seemed to like the C :-)