Sign in to follow this  
dan

Azev A do NOT fit the VR6

Well thats what I've been told by my supplier, he said that they will fit but only with 10mm spacers :shock: Does anyone know different or, anyone know of a VR6 with Azev A's fitted?

Please help if you know as this is really pissing me off

I thought that the only difference in the suspension hubs that would affect wheel fitment on a VR and a G60 were that one was 5stud, one 4... :?:

What offset are using? Is the wheel fouling the brake caliper?

You can get 7.5x16 in offsets 20 to 45. I reckon you may need ET 20 or 25 to clear the calipers, which is effectively the same as putting a 10mm spacer behind ET 35 wheels. And then that could potentially open up a can of arch clearance worms due to the 7.5" width.

Do Stil Auto still make the Sigma wheel? Almost identical to the Azev A but more fitment friendly.

Do you like the Borbet C wheel? They definitely go on the VR OK. It's a shame you're having such difficulties with them but you may need to consider sending them back and trying a different design/brand.

Kev

Cheers guys,

The car is in my garage with two 'azev's' on the rear (looking perfect btw), the problems start with the fronts.

Yes Henny I know what you mean, I've seen many G60's with this wheel on but, the G60 must have a different calliper.

Kev, the offset on these wheels is ET30 & they are fouling the callipers. My supplier gave me 5mm spacers to try and as you pointed out, they are now sticking out past the arches :x

I thought long & hard in choosing the Azev A for the C. Now I see them on I'd really like to keep them but it looks like they're gonna have to go back :(

I'll check out the 'Stil Auto, sigma' if not then, maybe I'll go with the 'Borbet C'

Thanks again,

Dan

There's a guy called Jay in London who has wide Azev A's on his classic green Storm.

They're 9" wide, but I don't think that affects the fitment at the front re caliper clearance etc.

So - they can be made to fit, it's just a question of how

John

You can get Azev 'A's with different rim dish but on the same offset, i.e my Azev's have quite a nice dish on, but caliper clearance is tight, I've seen other Azev's with a shallower dished rim, that has more caliper clearance. Not sure why they vary like this, or how you specify which you wanted though.

Also, the Azev A with the flat centre cap fouls on the rear wheel bearing cap, so the bearing cap has to be left off, or modified(this is the case on mk2 golfs anyway)

I know what i'm talking about, but does it make sense to anyone else?! :?

cheers,

must be on vr's with 288mm brakes then........cos the vr 280mm and g60 280mm have the same callipers (I think), just the drive flanges are different!

Clearence, I used an angle grinder to make enough clearence as my wheels would only fit with spacers but i wasn't happy with that.

The caliper carrier was ground 2-3mm back and the wheels now fit fine and the but i ground doesn't make any difference.

Chris

Isn't this something to do with offsets?

Does the VR have a fatter hub that requires larger offset wheels (i'm sure VR6 speedlines are ET43 or something, as opposed to 4 stud rado's which have ET33-35 wheels?

The mk3 golf used ET45 wheels as opposed to the mk2 that was ET35

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!

So what was the verdict with 7.5x16 Azev A's on a corrado VR6? Do they go on?

I am looking at some but i have 288's on my rado so after readin this thread im guessing they wont fit? :(

On the Vr6 there is alot less clearance between the hub face and caliper/carrier. Wheels with a deep dish such as Azev A's or BBS RS run alot closer to the brake calipers, hence the problem with the vr6. All you can do is trial fit one, if your lucky a 5mm spacer might allow enough clearance over the brakes (bearing in mind calipers protrude out further with new pads fitted!)

I found that 16" x 7.5" BBS RS ET33 won't fit the Vr6, needs about an 8mm spacer.

I'm running Azev As on my VR, 17x7.5 and ET 35 I think, I'll check it when I go out later. There is enough room behind them to clear Audi TT 312mm calipers and only about 10 mm shy of fitting in some Brembos.

I do run stretched tyres though as they stick out a small amount from the arches, but with the small 30 mm drop on mine I have no issues.

Craziscot, if they are the Azevs you bought from me they are 8x17 ET30 and as you say they clear 280, 288 and 312mm brakes

They are indeed the ones I bought from you OSV thanks for clarifying that. My memory for the sizes wasn't that great!

Hows things been going minus the Corrado?

Yeah i knew the 17's would be ok but i dont really want 17's as i personally dont like the look of them on a corrado so i want some OEM looking 16" wheels that will clear 288's maybe even 312's with a bit of caliper shaving/spacing etc, but i want atleast 7" wide as i have some 215/40/16 Toyo's to use with them. I like the look of the Azev's but looks like they wont fit. So it might be back to my original plan of some mk3 golf anniversary RX2's.

Well thats what I've been told by my supplier, he said that they will fit but only with 10mm spacers :shock: Does anyone know different or, anyone know of a VR6 with Azev A's fitted?

Please help if you know as this is really pissing me off

sorry for this as its a million years out of date but i have azev a on my vr6 and they fit fine so tell your wheel supplier he is wrong there is only one uk importer for azev and they are spot on ( dt motorsport ) just thought i would mention it :)

ps. with flat caps and 16" x 7.5 et35 front and et25 rears and no spacers

is it only a mild fouling of the caliper, if so as said before have you tried taking an angle grinder to the caliper, on tried using a 3mm spacer, or a combination of both???, Grayston make 3mm spacers if ya cant find em, if you still struggle give us a shout! :)

sorry for this as its a million years out of date but i have azev a on my vr6 and they fit fine so tell your wheel supplier he is wrong there is only one uk importer for azev and they are spot on ( dt motorsport ) just thought i would mention it :)

ps. with flat caps and 16" x 7.5 et35 front and et25 rears and no spacers

Hi guys,

Well i'm putting my C back on the road again (after almost 4yrs). I never did get the Azev A's on my car because my wheel supplier at the time said he couldn't get a set that fitted. So I ended up buying a set of RS4 type from him which I was never sure on. Since the car has been in storage I've had plenty of time to look at the RS4's and I definetly need to change them. They're to modern looking for the C and do absolutely nothing for it.

I still want to put on the Azev A's and want them on ASAP. I already have the car insured but I want these wheels before I take it out. So, the only thing now stopping me take the car out is the damn wheels.

Paul20v said above that 16" x 7.5 et35 front and et25 rears will fit without the need for spacers. I've checked and can get these delivered from Germany. So I'm just double checking before I order these and get them sent over.

Can anyone confirm that all the above is correct?

Cheers,

Mate this is 100% correct and run 312mm brakes up front .

Cheers Paul, they're looking good or your VR. it's a long story but I ended up buying RHZW1's for my VR instead. To be honest The Rh's were my second choice but I couldn't get either Azev A's or C's to fit. probably because I live in Ireland so there's not as many suppliers over here. Seems that the definitive answer to this thread is that 16" x 7.5 et35 front and et25 rears will fit on the VR6 :D

If I'd only have known this 7 years ago :wink: