Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Stainless Steel Manifold

The picture is of the Supersprint one (£600), but otherwise Raceland seem to be well regarded. You won't get 20% more power though, probably closer to 5%.

I've seen Raceland stainless manifolds and they look pretty good. Dunno how long they would last compared to a SuperSprint though, but they don't look cheap and nasty.

Doesn't have to be used with a stainless exhaust. The VAG Liestritz VR system is very good and flows well, despite being a baffled design.

I got one of these for my 16V and it wouldn’t fit RHD cars! IM not sure with VRs but the steering rack was in the way and I needed to get an extra pipe to join it up with the middle box.

In the end I just sent it back too much hassle.

They yield almost nothing on a rolling road , except for heat. Get the cheap american ones from ebay. 1/2 the price. You will need to reinforce all the heat shields above it.

I avoid tubular manifolds, far too much aggravation for very little gain. Huge amounts of radiated heat unless wrapped, lambda sensor oxygen sensing problems, cracking due to the flex point being in the wrong place and nowhere near the claimed power gains. Most (not all) tubular manifolds from foreign manufactures don’t take account of us having the steering on the correct side of the car an consequently they often don’t fit. Spending hours fitting a tubular manifold only to have to remove it again can be irritating. If I were the owner of Supersprint, I would take exception to someone blagging a pic off my web site, playing with it in Photoshop, and then posting it to promote another product.

So the supersprint Manifold is actually worth investing in...?

why does it need to be wrapped and how do you stop it from cracking..?

I have a cat back magnex system on my vr with a supersprint decat, am i going to get any problems if I add the manifold also....

Thanks

Anybody seen/heard of these before?

Looks a good price but not sure on brand?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Corrado-Manifo ... otohosting

I wouldn't bother mate. As said above not worth the hassle. I have had my stainless steel 6 branch just 6 months - pretty sure it is a Raceland one - and it already has a slight blow in it. I have uprated engine mounts etc to keep engine movement to a min but didn't prevent it. Raceland as a brand are pretty good. However all stainless steel exhaust manifolds (no matter how expensive or what brand) are prone to cracking - just part of the risk. If I was going to mod my car again I wouldn't have bothered with mine and stuck to the stock manifold. Supersprint are probably much better though (hence the higher price) and possibly made of mild steel as with their cat back systems - but don't know much about them to comment much.

Power wise mine gave absolutely no gain on the rolling road before and after but I did gain slight torque. Stealth told me some ex. manifolds give a power rise and some give a torque rise....depends on the length of the pipes and other factors.

Supersprint manifolds are stainless and designed for LHD. They crack and let air in pre lambda sensor.

I used a tsr 1 on my 16v, was fine for 2years and made it quite a bit quicker.

was till fine when i removed to fit the g60.

With a 4 branch and differe.nt inlet cam, my 1.8 made 163bhp so its got to help