Sign in to follow this  
Justonge

Armoured door handle guards

Does anyone know where you can get a pair of amoured door handle plates for the Corrado? I ordered a pair from GSF but they don't fit - they were for the late models with the same handles as the Mk3 golf - mine has the same handles as the Passat. My locks have been popped before and it like to add a bit more of a deterant as well as cover the little dent they caused. Any ideas? Thanks

they make them for the VW van range or a company does ive seen loads of them with them on. they may fit i know the handles are very similar

Spoke to the "brain" at C&R who are official suppliers of genuine ADP's and he told me that the company has never made ADP's for the Corrado, although there was a prototype made a few years back, it never made it into production due to the fact it was bloody huuuuuge!

Someone on here made up a prototype a while back, it was around when I first joined the forum. It looked quite good, but I can't remember who it was making it?

Found it: The search function is crap

From your post it sounds like they went round the handle rather than for the lock barrell, but it might be worth fitting delocked (passat rear) handles, at least to the passenger side if you don't have r/c/l.

Someone on here made up a prototype a while back, it was around when I first joined the forum. It looked quite good, but I can't remember who it was making it?

Found it: The search function is crap

From your post it sounds like they went round the handle rather than for the lock barrell, but it might be worth fitting delocked (passat rear) handles, at least to the passenger side if you don't have r/c/l.

Yeah that was me, I sold a couple of pairs but didn't push them after that.

I have some on my car, they are Golf ones and you need to file them a bit to modify them to fit, it's not hard, get the GSF ones to fit.

Chris

I have some on my car, they are Golf ones and you need to file them a bit to modify them to fit, it's not hard, get the GSF ones to fit.

chris are they the totally flat ones or the other ones?

Chris

Any chance of some pics Chris?

and what he said^^^^

Yeah, some pics would be good. I just returned the GSF pair i'd ordered but if they can be easily made to fit I might get them back. My car is already de-locked but it hasn't stopped someone popping the Passat handle out of the door and trying to open it from inside so the extra deterant of armour might stop it happening again.

Juz