Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Smoothing Corrado VR Front Bumper

Just about to get the front end of mine resprayed and was thinking of having the front bumper flushed, but I am thinking at the moment, that it looks a bit odd, although I will probably change my mind a few times before I actually make a decision :roll:

The front of Furk'z car does look sweet, clean lines and a german plate, cant go far wrong with that IMHO.

I also think that flushed bumpers look a lot better on darker coloured cars for some reason?

Agreed this looks excellent, but its far more than simply a flushed bumper its a whole package, it is far more successful on dark cars.

bensrado2.jpg

That Blue one is the dogs......

Its what sells the smooth bumper to me... Decisions - Decisions!!!!

just still not getting the smoothed bumper vibe sorry :oops:

not even on the Blue C posted there Rodders?

Really don't understand it mate, I think it looks the bollox, and is gonna be the first thing on the list when mine goes into the shop.

I did mention on the other thread about the lack of number plate, and getting pulled by the old bill, but you managed to get yours through an MOT as well?!!?!?!

having the plate in the window is easily doable, or just in the passenger cubby hole and "oh no officer, it must have fallen down", but is in the window legal?

['H3R4POR]
just still not getting the smoothed bumper vibe sorry :oops:

not even on the Blue C posted there Rodders?

Really don't understand it mate, I think it looks the bollox, and is gonna be the first thing on the list when mine goes into the shop.

?

to me it makes the bumper look like some kid in a fibreglass shop has got a Corrado and has damaged their bumper and rather than pay for a new one has done one in their lunch break to save costs :lol: .........even the blue one it just looks cumbersome IMHO......but thats just me...personnally Dave yer sig pic of yer C looks the dogs danglies and why you'd want to spoil the looks is beyond me :( but if its what you want then fair doos :D

I did mention on the other thread about the lack of number plate, and getting pulled by the old bill, but you managed to get yours through an MOT as well?!!?!?!

having the plate in the window is easily doable, or just in the passenger cubby hole and "oh no officer, it must have fallen down", but is in the window legal?

well my plate sits in the passenger footwell and it has the brackets attached from when it was attached like the red 1 that was posted earlier in this thread, but a speed bump decided it didnt like my plate and scraped it and off it went!!! :lol: and its stayed off since!! As for the smooth bumber look it all depends on the person i guess, if you like it do it, if you not sure hold fire till you decided for sure, as it will be a pain to get a new bumper sprayed and fitted down the line when it could of been left!!

Cheers

Ben

I think it looks great smoothed and it will happen to mine eventually... for now I'm happy with a tinted plate in place - which works quite well on a grey C IMHO :lol:

Looks lovely Phil k

I was thinking of painting the lower lip spoiler... but not too keen really, just my look it'll get scraped ...

Colour coded front spoiler was already on when I got the C - the crack has got worse since I've owned it though :?

Will be going back to a black one soon - just need to stop spending money on leather and wheels :lol:

Hi Ben, thought i would post your C up incase you dint see this thread, im for the smoothed look after seeing yours in the flesh :D it looks awesome, i would get mine done eventually! (if i ever get one :( lol)

my front spoiler was colour coded when I got it, but it had started to chip, and was cracked.

I had it off, fibre glassed it, sanded, and painted it with hard wearing Black paint and it looks alot better.

On my colour I think it looks alot better black, rather than colour coded, makes it look like a seperate piece of trim, if you know what I mean? :oops:

just need to stop spending money on leather and wheels :lol:

SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

personnally Dave yer sig pic of yer C looks the dogs danglies and why you'd want to spoil the looks is beyond me :( but if its what you want then fair doos :D

thank you Rodders :oops:

I used to have 1.3 Metro exactly that colour.

my mates called it 'powder blue'

lowrado.jpg

Me old scraper. I think it looks better with all the indicators and fogs gotten rid of. The indicator is moved into the headlight area.

how did you manage to drive that anywhere?

removing the indicators and fogs makes that bumper look HUGE, got any pics with less reflection?

Nope, not a fan of smoothed bumpers either...

Having no plate looks wrong... having no plate or lights is just really wrong.

I'm thinking about getting the line round the top of my bumpers smoothed out, but then I quite like it there too...

Standard is the way to go.