Sign in to follow this  
matthewb1985

Where is the MPG sender?

my mpg on the mfa reads at about 60 mpg all the time. i was wondering where abouts the sender is located so i can check it. also how much are they new or does anybody have one lying around?

cheers

Not sure how it works on the 16V but on the VR it's calculated from injector duty cycle and throttle position, so there is no specific mpg sender as such.

On the old Golf 16Vs it was calculated by manifold pressure (tube on the back of the clocks) but I'm pretty sure the 2.0 16V Corrado doesn't have that?

Not sure how it works on the 16V but on the VR it's calculated from injector duty cycle and throttle position, so there is no specific mpg sender as such.

On the old Golf 16Vs it was calculated by manifold pressure (tube on the back of the clocks) but I'm pretty sure the 2.0 16V Corrado doesn't have that?

So what's the cure for a VR when the display constantly shows 99.9? I know there are threads about it, but not sure there's a definitive answer :?

Uh oh, did the baby blue VR skip a beat?

MFA showing 99.9 mpg on the VR was usually mentioned as one of the "signs" that the car had been tampered with (read: clocked). But as stated, it's driven by the ECU itself, so not 100% sure how it can go wrong if the engine still runs right unless some wire to the dash is AWOL.

Hey, my car's far from perfect. Ill be the first to admit that!

Just need to know what wire I'm looking for...

Hey, my car's far from perfect.

I had a dream last night that someone had sanded down half your car.

I also dreamed that I was in prison and was watching football. Wonder what that one could symbolise?

So what's the cure for a VR when the display constantly shows 99.9? I know there are threads about it, but not sure there's a definitive answer :?

if its constantly showing 99.9 then i would check the hall sender as this is normally the case

I found the cure some time ago...

I´m sure there is a thread somewhere. I have posted.

I remember that it was all about 2 capacitors bleeded on the MFA Display PCB.

Well i got sorted! :)

just in case you still have the problem with your 16v, the sender is just a vac pipe from the servo pipw to the back of the clocks its pluged into a small black box type thing.

I have one if you are intrested. £7 inc postage