Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Fiat coupe turbo?

ink black with poo brown leather

I can imagine the Fiat brochure saying exactly that :-)

All this "Fix It Another Day" and "Fix Or Repair Daily" is a bunch of dung.

There are always independants, forums and online resources to make ownership of these cars easier and more affordable. It's no different to the VR and it's chains and premature bore wear.... All cars have their problems as they're not produced with DIY tinkerers in mind.

i guess, it was probably fiat running out of money nea the end of development!!!! "the car looks great, lets f*uck it up with some ugly alloys"

when i was younger my uncle had a red one, it was sooooo cool, even though it was a fiat, but on the reliability thing,,, my mum had two fiat uno's hat were geat and my sister had 3 panda's that were great too..... so i think it's luck of the draw.......

ink black with poo brown leather

I can imagine the Fiat brochure saying exactly that :-)

There are always independants, forums and online resources to make ownership of these cars easier and more affordable. It's no different to the VR and it's chains and premature bore wear.... All cars have their problems as they're not produced with DIY tinkerers in mind.

nah i only used the (Fix It Again Tomorrow) as thats what F.I.A.T stands for :lol:

a bit like F.O.R.D. (found on road dead), L.O.T.U.S (lots of trouble usually serious) and T.V.R (tape, velcro and rivets) :lol:

to be honest its not really the build quality its just the general feeling you get when driving an uno, cinquecento or punto, they feel VERY tinny and quite scary when an artic overtakes you, the coupe just felt more solid and chunky.

What's a FIAD? :-P

To me they're proper butt-ugly, no matter how quick they are.

What's a FIAD? :-P

To me they're proper butt-ugly, no matter how quick they are.

Erm, yeah.... it's err FIATs new wing, the more budget end :-)

to be honest its not really the build quality its just the general feeling you get when driving an uno, cinquecento or punto, they feel VERY tinny and quite scary when an artic overtakes you, the coupe just felt more solid and chunky.

Was going to say the Coupe was made a lot tougher than the regular FIATs. The switchgear feels a bit crumbley though....but then again so does the late VR switchgear :-)

My Dad used to have this whacky FIAT Abarth thing.... really ugly little rusting hatch but flippin eck did it move! He also had a FIAT thing that looked a bit like a Lada....and that was just plain nasty, period!

One other thing to note for perspective purchasres - Make sure ALL of the keys are there, especially the master RED one! If you lose that you cant get any more keys cut, and need a new ignition system which is over a grand iirc :shock:

I actually like these cars

My Dad used to have this whacky FIAT Abarth thing.... really ugly little rusting hatch but flippin eck did it move! He also had a FIAT thing that looked a bit like a Lada....and that was just plain nasty, period!

please please please tell me it was a FIAT strada Abarth...............ive always hankered after one of them 8)

ritmo was the RoW name for the Strada.......only approx 700 of them imported to the UK between 84 and 78/88.......130bhp from a 2L twin cam on carbs........o-60 was under 8secs and onto approx 125mph........impressive figures for 20-odd years ago