Sign in to follow this  
andyVR6

are early VR's lower than Later?

my mates got an early VR it was on the change over point and its a bit of a mis match early interior but the outer looks to be later type but when they are parked side by side mine looks a good inch higher when u compare the bump strips. both our suspensions are standard.

Think it was the 94-95s that got the 4x4 suspension. Think they also got a slightly wider track too, although I probably imagined that :wink:

But so do all the late spec corrados....i thought?

you could get 16v and g60 with wider arches but not wider track - only vr have the widest track.

the later vr cars were given some extra hight by vw as many people decided that the C was to low :roll:

Not much as far as i recall. It would only be subtle, but the late bumpers are also slightly wider to fit the wider arches. Its not like Rallye arches.

I dont kow whether you could fit late arches to an early valver, im assuming that the rear quarter panel arch would also be slightly wider, so it may/may not look the part.

just th front that changes as far as i know. you can fit the newer archs to the early cars if you like. would need matching bumper of course.

You only really see it when you park an old one and a late one side by side. All VRs and facelift 16vs had wider arches.

I didn't think there was such a thing as an early VR. The facelift came as the VRs were introduced, Mine is a Kplate and has late spec. so I am basing my comment purely on the fact that Ive never seen an earlier VR than K plate.

ZippyVR6, there's a few with the early interior, but all had the late exterior. Got a feeling there are a handful on a J plate too...

I didn't think there was such a thing as an early VR. The facelift came as the VRs were introduced, Mine is a Kplate and has late spec. so I am basing my comment purely on the fact that Ive never seen an earlier VR than K plate.

the campaigns have all got the early interior,there's a few early VR6's(K-plates btw) ive seen with the early interior too,think the 93model year ones(so ones built from August 92-July93) have the later interior,the C VR from memory was launched in summer 92 so that early ones would have more than likely been 92 model year ones hence early interior but cos of the VR facelifted exterior

That would explain it, because on my V5 document it said 92 as year of registration, and the car is all late spec.

Well just to confuse you - mine's a 93 but has some early bits and some late bits...

Late body, except for the 90mm splitter.

Late dash apart from the early blanking panel.

Strange.

Well just to confuse you - mine's a 93 but has some early bits and some late bits...

Late body, except for the 90mm splitter.

Late dash apart from the early blanking panel.

Strange.

I'm the same Dinkus mate.

K plate, but with late interior, late body, including 90mm splitter.

but its early VAG-COM plugs and runs off a Dizzy :-/

seems almost like they dropped an older engine (and loom) into a new shell :-/

I'm happy though :D

its odd, cos Ollies was a K plate too, exactly the same colour (i know that makes no difference but it just looked odd) with an early interior etc, crazeeee Germans!!!!

Im fairly sure that there is no change to the rear... could be wrong however. Im sure i have a list of revisions at home so ill check after work :-)

and corrados all seem to be a bit of a mash of parts :lol: i have late body, late tank but with early interior. on a Kreg 16 :)