Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

What Car? - Sub

Lee - let me know aht you think of the S3 when you've done the tweaking, surely it's not that bad standard.

not sure if its because i'm used to a C's on coilovers but its sooo frustrating to drive. Its certainly very grippy, not even got close to having a moment yet and you do carry more speed through a corner. However carrying this speed the car is pushing wide or you turn in too tight to compensate and end up having to correct your exit line which makes you look like a novice.

A fat rear ARB will sort that and more neg camber. Leave the front ARB standard. Caster is plenty on those, 7 degrees, so that's fine.

Unfortunately power on understeer and snap oversteer are 4WD traits and it's weight doesn't help.

A fat rear ARB will sort that and more neg camber. Leave the front ARB standard. Caster is plenty on those, 7 degrees, so that's fine.

Unfortunately power on understeer and snap oversteer are 4WD traits and it's weight doesn't help.

fitted ARB's today. Car is much better, steering feel has massively improved. Turn in is very sharp, really noticeable even changing lanes!! Hoped for better body control, which i've got but the steering improvement was unexpected and the bit i'm delighted with. Problem is i've got a new gripe, S3 recaro's are rubbish so unsupportive. :lol:

I was thinking Jays car would be perfect for A20LEE as he doesn't love the S3 and Jay's car is the best of bost worlds. However he would have cornered the market in custon Corrados.

am seriously temped by this at the moment

2001 S3 face list

34k miles

silver heated leather

sunroof

cruise

bose 6 disc

parking sensors

revo'd with SPS2 switch (turning on and off and boost up i think)

18" rs4 reps

£12500. wanted to get one at £12k but he has already come down from £13k to that.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Did anyone ever mention the Clio V6 in this thread? You can get them for less than £15K these days, shouldn't depreciate much either, might be a tad impractical as a daily driver though.

£14,500 for a 996! That can't be right.... although a few years ago, a wife sold her husband's brand new Merc SL on the trader for £50 after he cheated on her :-) So you never know....

Everyone assumed it should have been £50,000 and didn't ring, but one curious guy did though and bagged it, lucky swine.

£14,500 for a 996! That can't be right.... although a few years ago, a wife sold her husband's brand new Merc SL on the trader for £50 after he cheated on her :-) So you never know....

Everyone assumed it should have been £50,000 and didn't ring, but one curious guy did though and bagged it, lucky swine.

sure thats not an urban legend/friend of a friend story your getting mixed up there

heard the same thing every few years involving

rollers,jags,porkers etc etc etc

Bit like that wife of a Radio presenter put her husbands Espirit Turbo on eBay with a Buy It Now price of £100 or something after she found out he was cheating on her!

Mad world :)