so ive got a stage 4 charger,68mm pulley and front mount intercooler

should i buy

1.chip and red tops

2.Toothed belt conversion

3.cam

4.flowed head

5.any other suggestions????????

Im liking the idea of toothed belt set up personally

Why note give g-man a call and get some advice? He knows all about G60's and i'm sure he could advise you on the best way to spend £500!

Only bit of advice I could give - from all the opinions i've heard, cam is only worth changing on a G60 if you are making significant engine changes - relatively stock internals means its not really worth changing....

id go for the toothed pulley kit, never heard anyone complain about them, plus you will have some change from ya 500 quid. oh and get a chip aswell

I certainly haven't regretted getting my toothed belt drive, makes an awesome noise and no belt slippage minimises power losses

Dont know anything about G60 really, but why cant you just use some sort of glue to stop belt slippage? You could use some solvent to get the glue off when you need to.

Dont know anything about G60 really, but why cant you just use some sort of glue to stop belt slippage? You could use some solvent to get the glue off when you need to.

have I missed the point or is that just a hilarious suggestion? :lol:

speakin of what to do to the g60........any news yet daz? :-P

yes - Pm'd about 1hr after our last chat as promised :wink:

would have thought one of their heads would be best bet?

I've never had/driven a G60 with a toothed pulley, but I can deffiantely recommend a flowed head - something i'd do without doubt if I bought another G60 :)

Tom, i said i didnt know owt about G60, so why is that a stupid question?

The belt in question is the one that drives the supercharger, I'm not sure of the exact setup but i think its pretty much the same idea as a cambelt (it might even be the cambelt that drives the charger?) anyway, point is the belt is looped around a number of pullys, one of which is driven by the engine and makes the belt move around the other pullys which are turned by the friction of the belt so it needs to be able to move freely, think like a tank track or an escalator handrail. If it were glued in place you wouldnt be driving very far. A toothed belt conversion adds little teeth to the pully and the belt meaning the belt is less likly to lose friction with the pully.

I must admit i had a chuckle at the glue suggestion ;)

i think id go for a flowed head over the toothed pulley, they only stop belt slip at high revs anyway, likely to see better gains through a flowed head i would have thought, just look at hennys and mike g60s setups!!

Tom, i said i didnt know owt about G60, so why is that a stupid question?

The belt in question is the one that drives the supercharger, I'm not sure of the exact setup but i think its pretty much the same idea as a cambelt (it might even be the cambelt that drives the charger?) anyway, point is the belt is looped around a number of pullys, one of which is driven by the engine and makes the belt move around the other pullys which are turned by the friction of the belt so it needs to be able to move freely, think like a tank track or an escalator handrail. If it were glued in place you wouldnt be driving very far. A toothed belt conversion adds little teeth to the pully and the belt meaning the belt is less likly to lose friction with the pully.

I must admit i had a chuckle at the glue suggestion ;)

i think he meant using an adative which are availiable which you spray on drive belts to reduce slip temporarilly, a bit like the stuff they spray on the rollers at the rolling road to reduce slip.

the toothed belt kit also reduces the stress on the charger and water pump bearings as the toothed belt doesnt need to be under a lot of tension.

never owned a 4 pot C, but I haven't heard a bad word about the toothed conversion

your best gains on a G60 are from making it breath better...

If you're planning on keeping it for a while and to put more money into it to get more power out of it, start off by gas flowing the throttle body (cheap or reasonably easy to do yourself) and getting the car setup and running 100% before you do much else...

Making a G60 engine breath better is the key to getting the power out of it, so porting/port matching, polishing and gas flowing are the orders of the day... 8)

Making a G60 engine breath better is the key to getting the power out of it, so porting/port matching, polishing and gas flowing are the orders of the day...

straight from the master of the G60 himself!!

First thing I'd do is

Make sure the Brakes are sound, and replace any parts that need sorting.

Then check the steering system.

replace steering and brake fluid.

When you know thats sound..then spend on tuning.

No point going fast if you cant stop or steer well