Sign in to follow this  
AB

back from the bodyshop (all for sale)

looking sweet mate glad the coilies went on ok tidy bays are a pita! i have the rest of mine to do when i get her back from paint!

i thought sod it today gonna do this engine bay properly taking the engine out on friday so i can clean engine and bay, gonna take my power steering off to loose the pump hoses and tank, i am also going to brave it and cut and reroute my loom as much as i dare. :? will post more pics this weekend.

needs to be done tho, it does not help seeing that red mk2 on the front of pvw this month.

g60greeny just looking at the pic of your car there is something about it i really like it is very subtle and all the mods come together well.

:lol: yeah right this is enough work and its only a valver let alone a g60 i hear they are really hard to tidy. every time i do something i see something else i could move or polish, so thought take it all out and start from scratch. (best dig out the push bike for a few weeks, could job winter is not on the way) :(

started today first step of the plan. gonna make the engine bay as minimal as possible and also 2.0ltr it on carbs instead of keeping it an 1800.

it was a bit nerve wrecking pulling it apart but there is no turning back now.

my mate keeps trying to convince me to 20 valve turbo it but i think it would be something different to look at in a c if it was carb'd and bare. any opinions would be welcome as i am at the stage where i really need to decide. thanks.

Nah dont 20v turbo it.... 200+bhp is achievable on a 2Ltr 16v... dont get me wrong 20v turbo units are very very good, its just not very "original" at the moment...( it gets a bit boring after a while looking at the same engine in practically every modified vw around.. 8) ) and a minimalistic bay with a nice healthy 2Ltr 16v is defo the way to go mate!

yeah thats what i thought. it was cos of you putting the 2ltr in my head at that meet that i am able to stand in my engine bay at the moment.

removed my front and rear cross members both wish bones and my drive shafts, they are gonna be powder coated in a high power silver next week hopefully.

hi, it was £1200 cash so no vat with 2 old blokes in a unit over gosport. they had it for about 4 weeks. i was well pleased with the results and the effort they put in.

got all my cross member, subframe, antiroll bar and wishbones back today. what do you think? should look good under the car.

yeah your are right, high gloss finish powder coating. more to come. hubs drive shafts and engine mounts.

did you get spares and have them coated? i wanted to do this an seeing as my car is taking an age to paint might as well start collecting bits!