Sign in to follow this  
AB

back from the bodyshop (all for sale)

hi all pulled the 2.0ltr completly apart today, pistons and crank out ready for a full rebuild and awaiting the delivery of my stage 2 gas flowed head. will get some more pics up soon. dunno how mad to go with the crank knife edge balanced i dunno lets wait and see. oh and need to find a nice engineering firm to make some of my pulleys in aluminium as well. the list is meant to get shorter as time goes by, mine just gets longer.

Hey dude!

Am contemplating rebuilding by 9a lump as well, the list of mods/tweaks is endless!!!!

Thing is you can always justify it, as in the back of your mind your thinking you may as well do it will the engine is out!!!

thats right i have done and have so much planned so why cut the courners here, knowing my luck it would have smoked like a train if i did not rebuild it, taking the shine off the finished car.

I have BIG plans for my motor :oops: oops said too much, know what you mean though!

Sometimes I wonder if I am going bonkers though!! :crazyeyes:

Will spend a silly amount on the car, then be a complete tight wad on food shopping etc!

What kind of rebuild ya planning? are you going low comp for future mods or just a straight forward rebuild (whatever that is!)

just a rebuild with a few lightened and balanced parts, if anything i am gonna get a bit more compression, i am not going to go forced induction as i have spent ages doing the carbs and hiding the loom so i can have the minimal engine look. power was not at the top of my list. just want a healthy lump.

Ahh I see....that makes sense!

Hope you don't mind me asking, home much does it cost to get bits balanced? e.g. crank, conrods, pistons and where is a good place?

not really sure, as i get each job done i then find a place to carry out each modification as i go along really, also if they're any bits already modded for sale i try and pick them up as i go along as well

Think that is pretty much what I will end up doing, sure it will be cheaper to get it done it one hit...but whos counting the cash!!!

Want to get the engine balanced etc more for reliability than power, even if it Turbo it.

have to admit the car is the only thing I am planning a couple of years ahead.

Damn..if only work was this intresting life would be great!

hi just a couple of pics of my stripped 9A block ready for painting polishing and rebuilding, and how to fit a lot of corrado into not a lot of shed :lol:

at the moment whats not in the shed is in my spare bedroom (clean and polished stuff) girlfriend loves me at the moment. :2gunfire:

dude why did u take out your rain tray and not smooth you heater box intake? you do know your gonna be breathing in engine fumes now right? the reason for that rain try is to keep rain and engine fumes out from inside your car.

On the other hand it looks awesome.

i knew this car would be the death of me. (sorry sick joke) :pukeleft: thanks for the coments. did not realise about the heater bit, will have to hope the twin webbers suck it all in :lol: seriosly tho i will have to think of something

Just read through the whole lot of this htred, not seen it before, and i must say it was an amazing read, you've done so much, an obviously ploud LOADS of ££££ into this. Its looking so nice! I can wait to see the minimalist engine bay on carbs, will be so nice!

good luck!

cheers for that comment, it is nice to feel like you are doing a good job. i cant wait either. thanks again for reading it all.

hi been quite busy with other things recently, having to repair the girlfriends merc gearbox modding msh's mk3 vr and gettin a new mountain bike. i have still managed to get the electric window loom in and the black carpet in. i have got more suede for the roof lining and the engine is awaiting a good painting session. will have some more pics soon.

cheers for the help on my car... Hopefully start work on yours again soon! really lookin forward to seeing this through :)

yeah things have been a bit busy lately, new bike and daughters first birthday coming up rapidly. i did get out there today and paint the block and paint my coilovers so they look new again. At the start of next month i am hoping to have all my rebuild bits all the gaskets, i am doing everything new lifters and even new valves. also before the month is up i want all my suede interior in and the seats in (sorry mike) so its more like a car with out an engine, instead of just a shell.

hi all done a bit more this weekend. finished refurbing my coilies, cleaned all my exhaust heat shield un the car so it is shiny ally now. also all for arches have been cleaned so they are back to original paint and i polished them all as well so inside the arches is as clean as the outside of the car. will get some pics soon but my pic man is AWOL at the mo (msh)

Yeah sorry about that been in rehab ;) i'm all better now i've spoken to frank :) will get some pics up for the rest of you asap