Sign in to follow this  
willg95vr6

341 miles on one VR6 tank of fuel,can 360 be done surely not

Just wondering as i am planning a long jouney (well 365miles) if i could make it on one tank of fuel (driving around 70mph)

What do you reckon at the moment is the most amount of miles on a single tank on a VR6.

We have managed 180mile to 341 miles

As sad as it sounds but the C vr6 is not the best when your wallet makes tracing paper look fat.

Cheers

Will

no chance :lol: the most i have ever had on one tank was 280-285 miles, and all that was on the motorway, with no 100mph+ stints,

no chance :lol: the most i have ever had on one tank was 280-285 miles, and all that was on the motorway, with no 100mph+ stints,

what?!?!?!?!

350 is easily doable, i'd say you'd do it on one tank with sensible driving mate.

but then again, one cars figures are very different to anothers

Mmmmmm. may have to try it again in the new rado, as i would not have done that amount of miles in the old one,

If I was going to try that I'd take a can of fuel, the guages in rado's aren't exactly the best for judging how much is left in the tank (assuming the VR have the same as valvers).

Yep you should piss that, I go to Scotland at least once a year and can get around 380 miles to a tank, averaging erm 80ish, and that's all motorway bar the odd 30 miles :)

If I was going to try that I'd take a can of fuel, the guages in rado's aren't exactly the best for judging how much is left in the tank (assuming the VR have the same as valvers).

you can run it under the empty line, I like to play petrol station bingo, and I fill up when the needle stops moving on start-up.

you really feel the difference from a empty tank after you've filled it!!

(think about it, its about the weight of a person)

soooo, just to get things on an exponential curve, your fuel economy gets better the more you use :D

Yeah it's much more fun when there's no passengers and hardly any fuel :) It's a massive difference to when you're 4 or 5 up with 70ltrs of fuel on board.

Don't like to let it get too low though, you never know when you're going to need it for a longish journey, one night last week I was round the old dear's when she tripped and fell into the dining room chairs, she was p1ssin blood from her face so I had to take her to A&E (30 mile round trip)

oh, 'tripped' aye, I see ;)

so you had to make a crafty getaway aye? :lol:

:lol: yeah she tripped, everyone in the hospital probably thought I did it though!

(Mind you if any blood had been left in the car I may have needed to make a swift getaway from a future crime scene :evil: :wink:)

Agree with most others, 320-340 miles a tank normal 'spirited' driving, you'll easily get 400miles at a steady 80mph.

On my old 10mile slow road commutes are used to get 300 miles per tank. I moved to a 33 mile journey to work and have experienced from 300 to 450 per tank. 450 is driving very eco, 400 is 70-80mph, 300 is spanking those pistons occasionally ;-) oh and 180 is when you go to a track

btw

Yeah it's much more fun when there's no passengers and hardly any fuel :) It's a massive difference to when you're 4 or 5 up with 70ltrs of fuel on board.

Where do you put the 5th person in the Rado? ;-)

U should get over 400 easily. Last year i drove to Inters which was well over 400miles with a fully loaded in the boot and one of the rear seats plus two passengers in one tank. I sat at 70ish keeping the revs just under 3k.

Cheers Fraser

Wouldn't like to play fill-up bingo on any car TBH, would tend to encourage picking up all the crap from the bottom of the fuel-tank.....

Where do you think the fuel pump gets the fuel from? The top of the tank?

BTJ wrote

Wouldn't like to play fill-up bingo on any car TBH, would tend to encourage picking up all the crap from the bottom of the fuel-tank.....

Yep - that was always drummed into one forty years ago.

Maybe it is not such a problem now with the fancy fuel filters cars have?

Perhaps someone knows of this actually happening?

Anyway, I certainly will not be risking it. Cleaning muck out of the fuel system is always going to be a hassle and expense most of us will not want to risk.

Where do you put the 5th person in the Rado? :wink:

On the back seat, mine's not got a hump. Had six in it once for about a mile when a mate got in the boot!

surely with the advent of plastic fuel tanks(like the Corrado has) debris/crap/etc is nearly a thing of the past now tho

Agreed.

Unless you pour crap down the fuel line nossel, the systems are pretty much sealed and crap-free.

Yup the only crap you get is the crap that's in the fuel itself - the filter takes that out which is why it's important to change your fuel filters people!

Well, this jouney does sound possible so i am going for it on one tank.

If you see a corrado in the hard sholuder possible junction 2 of the M27 on sunday, feel free to laugh or throw some loose change at me so i can be on my way.

cheers

Will