Sign in to follow this  
Jim

WTF - rain stained my paintwork!

Jim wrote:

god.. i'm going to end up with more cleaning products in my garage than Halfords themselves sell!!

When you get to my age you will have doubled that amount of things in containers, Jim. Yesterday I bought an aerosol of "leak detector" at my local builders' merchants 'cos it was only 60p reduced from about £2.50.

Thought it might be useful for finding leaks in vacuum lines then realised it is for gas coming out of pipes rather than being sucked in.

Maybe it will be good for cleaning stains off paintwork?!

Dr Mat wrote:

I think shininess is overrated anyway ...

Who says all cars have to be shiny?

the doktor talks sense.

I have always enjoyed getting my car shiny, but then felt too high profile and a bit stressed going out in it, particularly with cars like the C.

Look how we worry so much about venturing into busy places with them in case some old biddy's shopping basket scuffs that pristine flank.

(We know how long that "parking in 2 spaces" thread became, too.)

I will never forget how relaxing it was owning and driving a Citroen Dyane (orange - it was 1975 after all) knowing that you did not give a damn if the paintwork was filthy or likely to get scratched. The possibility of a dent or bend in the bodywork worried one not, even tho it was a new car.

For peace of mind in today's hectic world, get rid of your Corrado and drive a fairly worthless but functional dog of a vehicle!

PS - Many do, of course, and they are going to park right up close to you at the far end of Homebase's car park where you thought it was safe. Are we daft, or what?!

I spend ages cleaning the car (and others now!) because I enjoy it!

Bit of satisfaction at the end of it all, unlike my current job when people only talk to you if something isn't working! :x

I spend ages cleaning the car (and others now!) because I enjoy it!

Bit of satisfaction at the end of it all, unlike my current job when people only talk to you if something isn't working! :x

Not in IT support are you?? know the feeling..

This is exactly why i've been spending time on mine... can't wait for the satisfaction of making my cloud roof shinny.