Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

My Sat Nav Install!

Nope, its right infront of me. The numbers are the size of the trip comp by comparison, plus theres that lovely woman telling me to turn right!

Just use it for work to find the obscure schools buried in estates that I need to get to.

find the obscure schools buried in estates that I need to get to

oh aye ;) careful mate you'll get a reputation!

There all primary schools, not upper! (sixth formers! :twisted: )

Although that probably doesn't help me much! :oops:

It's the same size as the fuel gauge/temp! I'd get your eyes checked if I were you! :)

Besides, I mainly listen to the instructions, its just handy to be able to quickly glance down if theres anything I'm not sure of.

Plus having 20/20 vision helps! :)

........... might be a better idea to get the proper holder so you could charge it up as you go, nothing worse than a failed battery whilst `looking` for ....errrr primary schools and the alike ...... :)

That looks a bit dangerous to me mate. Trying to see a screen that size whilst driving?

Thats the point really though you dont really need to look at the screen as she tells you what to do - where to go, like most birds do!

I've got that phone how do I get that stuff on it????

cheers :D

I should also point out that because I'm parked in a school it thinks I'm in a field! Which is why you can't see any roads!

But i don't read a map off my fuel/temp gauge matey!!

Personally I never let the woman on mine have her voice - annoys the sh*t outta me :)

I've been having real problems finding a good spot for my IPAQ and it's holster....

I hate attaching them to the screen, but that sort of seems the only option. Still, liking the mounting method ;) If she's anything like my tomtom though, she says right when she means left :x

That looks a bit dangerous to me mate. Trying to see a screen that size whilst driving?

Thats the point really though you dont really need to look at the screen as she tells you what to do - where to go, like most birds do!

I've got that phone how do I get that stuff on it????

cheers :D

Get a 256 MB dual voltage mini SD card.

Get the software you need! 8) You can probably buy it too!

Buy one of these (or equivilant) http://www.holux-uk.com/Products/gr-231/index.shtml

oh dear oh dear oh dear.......

you ley ya bird tell you where to go/what to do fella? :(

I did that on my old G60, as soon as the phone rings the dashboard went nuts. rev counter wents nuts :lol: its something to do with Electro Magnetic Currents

............. what happens when someone phones you ??? does it over ride the nav software ? ........ just interested

The phone rings as it does normally and then when your done it goes back to the satnav screen.

Hands free kit helps here!

I'm looking to get tomtom mobile on my M600. Do you have a bluetooth GPS reciever too? Where did you get it from and how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

so when you put the phone down do you get the bitch nagging at you that you should have turned left ages ago but no you wouldnt listen would you, you were talking on the phone and ignoring me etc etc.

It is quite ironic that a womans telling which direction to go in and is (9 x out of 10) correct too!

I'd have never have found half of the, errrm, places of work without it.

£80ish for the reciever and the phone is usually free (mine was from work! :) ) on a contract so it's cheap satnav.

Can even download diff voice on it too! I update mine each month with the latest camera placements so its almost as good as a road angel. Got every petrol station, cash point, Tesco's etc, and whatever else you could want in it too! Wheres the nearest petrol station? Ah! Thanks very much!