Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

VR6 Fidanza Alloy Flywheel

Right Ive got to strip my car to redo the chains next Saturday ,so that means gearbox and flywheel off. I was thinkig about buying a Fidanza light weight flywheel and was wondering if anyone on here has one and can tell me any pros and cons?

I had one on my vr and it was excellent. Revved freely and definitely felt more responsive low down. Can't think of any cons except they are fairly expensive unless you buy from the US.

I had one on my vr and it was excellent. Revved freely and definitely felt more responsive low down. Can't think of any cons except they are fairly expensive unless you buy from the US.

Got to agree, its a great mod. If you got gearbox out do it.

Ok its just Ive heard stories of you losing low end grunt/torque? Have to rev the engine more on pull away? Revs drop alot quicker on gear change?

These comments might of been from a 4 cylinder car may be?

Did either of you two come across any of this?

Im just doing a bit of research before I part with my cash!

Ok its just Ive heard stories of you losing low end grunt/torque? Have to rev the engine more on pull away? Revs drop alot quicker on gear change?

These comments might of been from a 4 cylinder car may be?

Did either of you two come across any of this?

Im just doing a bit of research before I part which my cash!

Thats all crap, had no problems with mine.

Well I think Im probably going to go for one anyway ,thanks for putting me straight. It was a mod I was cosidering a little down the line ,but seeing as though the flys coming off Ill have to dig a bit deeper it to my pockets! :)

they should rise and drop faster like a motorbike, but not quite that fast!

i bought one from some b.tch on in germany and never got it, servs me right for trying to get one dirt cheap i guess. still 120 down the pan which hurt.

CLAUDIA SHOELING, if you see that name run and then tell me because i've got a present for her in the garage ;-)

im going for a Eurosport one, which i think is what chris is running?

he rates it and its 150 cheaper than the fifleydanski

I think this is the Daddy of drivetrain setups 8)

Fidanza wheel

flywheelBIG.jpg

8 puck 350+ whp clutch

vr6-streetstage2.jpg

Reinforced clutch fork

comp_clutch_fork_300.jpg

Lightweight pulleys

Beauty-Shot2-250-188.jpg

And pull out the ridiculous 3.39 diff in favour of a shorter one

The Fidanza wheels are $398 from ebay delivered ,or if you get one from here the cheapest Ive seen is around about £365 delivered! Remember your customs charges to go on top from the U S of A !

Yep, about another £60 on top of that....

There are obviously cheaper ones, just avoid the REALLY cheap ones as I've heard of them exploding in extreme cases!

i wouldnt do one on its own, but seeing as im 140k on the original clutch and chains now im going to have to bite the bullet and get those done, then its worth seriously considering by the sounds of it.

I think Im still going to go for the Fidanza from America ,saving around £100!

Luckily enough my chains and clutch was replaced 30k ago when it had a new block and pistons! Im only taking the box off to do the chains again as I think the chain jumped a tooth on the intermediate sprocket!

Can you buy a crank locking tool for the VR6 ,or know of a universal Joby?

I'm very interested in doing this as it's going to be almost labour-free given all the other work that Vince is doing at the moment to the car.

Given the pound is strong against the dollar it's probably best to buy from the states.

What part number do I need as the Fidanza website says "CALL" for the part number for the Corrado VR6.

Cheers

Jon

Worth PM'ing ChrisVR6NOS as he has one on his car and should know which one to get.

I've been in his car and it seems like a good mod to me with no adverse affects.

That Claudia women owes me 600 notes aswell. :mad: I don't think I shall ever buy anything from abroad now, that is not from a company.

Fidanza looks like a win, win mod.

Anyone got any supplier recommendations? It doesn't look like you can order directly from Fidanza from looking at their website at http://www.fidanza.com

Buying from the USA is definitely an option given the current exchange rate.

BTW, just had an email back from part-box.com to say that they can supply at £299.99 + VAT on a 1-2 week lead time (out of stock at the moment). I'd hope to do better than that.

Look for "gripforce-clutches" on ebay, I just bought one from them £199 shipped to the UK on UPS 4 - 10 day service. Even with import costs its gonna be cheaper.

If they don't have one up just now email them as they put them up regular.

I just ordered from Gripforce. Had to go through eBay "Buy it Now" to do so and you don't get to find out the shipping cost until after you've committed.

Holy Christ on a bike - $89 for shipping. That's an extra 27% on the $329 price of the flywheel.

Add on customs (it'll get caught knowing my luck) and account for the fact that Barclaycard will give me a really shitty exchange rate and suddenly the savings aren't as great as imagined. :(