Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Recommendations

Hey

YEsterday my friend and i went to white castle and it started to rain so we decieded to leave, while were going we ran in to some flood water. I had no choice but to drive through it. The water was upto half way on my doors and the corrado being so low didnt help. The car started to sputter i was hoping it wasnt gona die on me. I was able to make it through but wasnt sure if i had done any damage. Is there anything i should do to make sure the car is alright. It seems fine but i dont know. All for those white castle burgers. (you guys have white castle there, you must have seen harold and kumar go to white castle)(How about that draw)(Cricket)

You would know if you had hydaulic'd the engine with water almost straight away, sounds like you got away with it mate.

If I did that in my car it would definitely write the engine off as the filter is right down in the bumper!

Interesting, the road I usually drive home on occaisonally floods about a foot deep for 30m or so, always wondered if it would make it through. Never dared to try it though, getting stuck halfway through a load of filthy water (run off from fields) never appealed.

As for the cricket, a draw was a pretty fair result, might have been a Pakistan win if they could catch the ball. The bowling was pretty bad from both sides though, hopefully Flintoff will make a difference for us in the next test.

if it's running OK now it's dried out, then you're almost certainly OK...

Odds are you just got water into some of the electrics which caused the spluttering.

If the engine had "breathed" in any water, you'd know as it'd pretty much die straight out with one hell of a judder and wouldn't want to run again afterwards... I've seen an engine hydraulic lock before and it's not a pretty sight or sound, and the damage it does is unreal... I've never seen an engine bend all 4 con-rods, crack all the pistons and the block and bend valves while being driven normally on a road before... :crazyeyes:

the engine (and subsequently the car) was a write off because of it... (XR3i, so not that much of a loss! :lol: )