Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Just Had My Wheels Refurbished

A couple of weeks ago I had my wheels refurbished. I thought i'd share the results incase anyone else was thinking about it.

I do have some before pictures somewhere, i'll see if I can add them next week. Before the refurb large flakes of wheel came off everytime I washed them, and each wheel was curbed ~80% round the circumference. What A difference a refub makes.

BackLeft.jpg

BackRight.jpg

ed

Is it Aqua blue? Here's mine - looks good:-

Your right it is aqua blue.....and your right red calipers do look good.

Your wheels look great.I also got mine refurbed recently and it makes some difference.

The people that refurbed the wheels also put on new wolfrace valve caps-shiny metal efforts.They looked really good on-and now the local chavs have nicked all four off my car whilst I was on holiday.

I'd quite like to refurb my calipers too.Going to try it myself and paint them Classic Green same as my C.I like the red on Aqua Blue though,looks the bomb.

The people that refurbed the wheels also put on new wolfrace valve caps-shiny metal efforts.They looked really good on-and now the local chavs have nicked all four off my car whilst I was on holiday.

When I got new tyres for me old golf they had nice shiny valve caps put on......they lasted 2 days before the chavs got em!

Can you actually get any that only you can take off? I'm sure I saw some in Halfords that said on the pack-'comes with locking key'-all I could see were four valve caps.Like I said,they look good on and make a difference but I can't be arsed with getting them nicked everytime I get new ones.

The locking key from Halfords is only somthing which enables you to do them up tighter than finger tight. The thinking being that chavs couldn't undo them by hand. However, doing them up tighter than finger tight risks ripping the valve out of the tube. Also, the brass sleeves in the Halfords one comes unstuck from the fancy alloy shiny bit. They are in other words, utter pony. The Fancy outer bit also split on mine and became all tarnished with all the road salt and grime. You can get stainless steel ones which are a bit neater than the plastic ones and they're very cheap.

look very nice mate 8)

another thing thats on my shopping list

Yes it was Pristine who did the refurb, though an agent in Derby. Turned them round in 4 days. Very impressed with the service and the sparkle silver finish.

I must dig out the before photos to show how bad they were

EDSTARVR6, how much was it for the refurb ? I spotted my local tyre place is a Pristine agent, and with results like those look worth the money.

I had my speedos done in exactly the same finish as Ed's at Pristine and it cost about £220ish IIRC. I will say that Pristine are excellent with simple wheel designs (eg Speedlines), but with complex designs like the BBS RX for example (which I also had done by them) can be a little patchy in places.

Tekara the breakdown of cost was:

£49.95 per wheel refurbed (including transport to pristine)

£1.50 per bolt replaced (total of 20 of them)

£20 for the agent to store the car while the work was being done.

thats not inclusing the VAT....so ask for a cash discount :-)