Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

The Corrado Replacement - Project 964

Tis a big improvement!

Id love to know EXACTLY what you have planned for it, but then that would ruin the fun of watching it progress.

Looks good Jay ;)

What sort of carpet you gonna use? Proper car stuff? or you going down to carpet right? :lol: (thats a genuine question BTW)

Black carpets is my next big interior mod.

Jay

I like the current carpet, MJ's carpet is black and its a bit basic looking. How about getting some embroided logo carpet mats in the same colour.

The colour in "real life" is a kind of bluey/grey and I am not keen. I want to get nice (proper porsche silverknit carpet) black carpets and then maybe some nice logo mats. Also going to delete the rear "seats" and stick some metal poles in there ;)

Jay

bit of black dye and some scaffy bars, honestly, I dont know why everyone has to overcomplicate these things ;)

that steering wheel looks absolutly perfect!

Also going to delete the rear "seats" and stick some metal poles in there ;)

Jay

Quality.I like your use of the word 'delete'.

Beautiful car.Surprisingly,the steering wheel you have replaced the original with,looks more stock than the original(and better too).

Nice choice there Jay. Good lad. Welcome to the world of Porsche ownership. Bet you are over the moon. Got to admit, i love that photochop on the last page too. You've got to do it! Good luck.

very nice jay , i borrowed my bro in laws 996 4s for 3 days and it took me months to get over it , i kid you not :-(

he's gone to strathstones today to test drive the new turbo , hope he buys one , its the only way i'll drive one :-)

Looking good Jay, can see this being a scorcher.

Is the 997 turbo out yet???

Yup, the launch was a few weeks ago now. Funnily enough, i was in our porsche showroom in swindon and theyd had thier showroom car delivered the day before. I was sat chatting to one of the sales guys when a 16v corrado when past. i went "ohh! corrado!" and he said "ohh! brand new 997 turbo behind you" :oops:

The new 997 Turbo may be out but there is still an 15 month wait if you order one today. Its a proper monster. and they claim to have fixed all the common issues with em. There is a very slim chance I will be taking one out on a track in a month or so.

Only just found this thread, Jay that is a cool looking car but I have no doubt that you will turn it into something very special. look forward to seeing the its progress.

Bad Boys Bad Boys what ya gonna do?

Once upon a time I owned this Corrado......

owned ? owned ? bloody built more like ! owned is an understatement

hmmm and who owned who ? christine the corrado ;-)

Whats happening Mr. Renshaw?

Ive seen youve been busy installing a dash, but any decisions on the porsche front?

Keeping? Selling?

Waiting for the V5 documents to come through for the Porker. Then it will be up for sale.

I am really unsure what to replace it with at the moment. I have all sorts of ideas and am just going to wait until I have sold the porker before i decide.

Jay

Good choice - the better thigs always come to those who wait {well thats the kind of cr@p my Dad used to tell me} :lol: seriously though mate you do grate things with your last C just hope you do more of the same on the next :thumb right:

Jay, whats the news on your C's current owner, well not some much teh owner more the car - doesnt look like he's been on the forum much since his initial intro. Do you see the rado around much or is the lad from another part of the country?

Yeah he lives in lincolnshire. I saw him and the car at ED38. Not how I would have wanted it to look, but its being looked after and driving hard and every day which is the main thing. :)

Jay