Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Guess What...............New problem

Hey

New problem arose today, why is it when i fix somthing, somthing else goes wrong, Today, i changed the plugs (that plastic tool worked well), i successfully changed the ignition switch (bloody screw took me a good 30 mins to take out, lol couldnt find the right screw driver) and i replace the Rad fan switch (fan comes on at 85 C now) and i flushed the coolant system out and put new coolant in, now the dam car seems to be over heating, The light all the way on the left near the speedometer is flashing and the needle is registering above 230F but the weird thing is the LCD display (trip computer)is showing close to 280F + wtf is wrong, Fan comes on at 85 (at least thats what it says on the trip comp, which is weird cuz the other temp is reading 280 plus) and stays on until it gets below it, theres fresh coolant in the system, the thermostat seems to be working because i drained the system through the Rad fan switch opening. The other strange thing is that as soon as the car starts in less than a min the light comes on and the needle begins to rise, idk, i hope its not serious. I was so happy that i changed the ignition switch, plugs and rad switch and now this WTF

Please help

Imran

up to the max line well a bit more some went in accidently, and one more thing theres no hot air in the heater, whats an air lock is it serious, AHHH i hope not

It's where you get air trapped in the system. Where did you fill the system from?

Was the heater working before?

The heater was working before, i filled from the main tank, y are you not supposed to do that, i just remembered that my dad audi had a similar problem with there been air stuck in the system, iremeber he left the tank cap off and let the air bubble out, is that how your supposed to do it on a Corrado aswell, i was reading that there is some valve you open but im not sure, if you dont mind can you explain to me how u release the air out of the system and air lock sounds so bad, when i think of the word air lock it reminds me of hydro lock

Thanks for your help

Open the expansion tank, and run the car for a few mins, see if the airlock works its way out. Top up. If you're heater ain't working, it seems probable that there is an airlock.

You're supposed to fill from the top radiator hose I think.

Sounds good and when you say top up should i fill it all the way up or should i fill it till the max line on the expansion tank?? if the air doesnt come out is another way to get it out?

excellent sounds good and one more thing is it bad that one of my fans doesnt work, for some reason a while back the aux fan broke and was causing the fuse to blow so i cut the belt connecting to the second fan so it wouldnt blow the fuse, right now i only have one fan that works, is that bad and the fan doesnt come on when the car is off, if the fan is on and i pull out the key it shuts off any ideas, thanks with air lock problem, will do what you said first thing in th morning

As bubbles worked their way through my engine I checked the expansion tank every couple of days for a week or so and had to top it up a bit each time (200ml each time perhaps). Then it was fine and the level hasn't gone down since.

You're supposed to fill from the top radiator hose I think.

correct, otherwise you get an airlock ;)

always fill up the system from the highest point you can

When you're running the engine to get the airlocks out, a gentle squeezing of the hoses can help as well (preferably before they get too warm :-)). Make sure you steer clear of the belts and fans though...