Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Can you guess what it is yet? or "learn about VW histor

silly person ;)

(that took him about 20 mins to sort that pic out :lol:)

lol bloody shutterfly hosting.... So come on then who's going to guess?

not a Volvo

NOT and AUstin 1100/1300!

Oh and as quick as a Boxster S (as proved the day before this photo was taken on the A303!)

I'm not sure what it is, but it's far too big for a sig pic sorry mate :lol:

Can you make it quite a bit smaller please :thumbleft:

it's a VW type 3 notch back... guessing it's probably got something like a 911 engine or a seriously hotted up T1/T2/356 engine in the back? Looks in nice nick to be honest...

Pic's a bit big for a sig though.... any chance of making it a weee bit smaller please? 8)

better??

Not V8 powered.

H you were closest. Had a "Built" Type3 engine. They're actually quite a light car, although at the time I was with passenger and on my way to RTTS! Was set up to be a week-end worrior on the strip and still give good road manners! Chased him to 110 and felt I proved my point! :lol:

A warning, if you come across a "ratty" vw don't assume it's a heap, I've a friend who's ratter will outpace a 996 carrera4 over the 1/4 mile! now that's quick and road legal!

yup... much... crop the bottom of the photo off though, and it'll be spot on... ;)

p.s. am I right about what it is? ;)

H yeah the number of old duffers I had come up and rail on about their old Austins! Mind you as the only badge was the Wolfsburg crest on the steering wheel it did confuse so many people!

It ripped, shame I sold it before I got a timing slip out of the Pod though.

And here are some of my other rides, sadly all gone :cry:

Yumpie1.jpg

Sold :cry:

Kirby1.jpg

SOLD :cry:

skyrocket1.jpg

In a Lock up for 5 years :)

had a mate who had a fastback one of these with a 1.8 type 2 lump in the back on twin 45s... to say it was rapid was an understatement... to say it was rotten was also an understatement... Think he scrapped it as you could see through the floor just next to the pedals which was a little off-putting! :lol:

Yeah T-3's rot especially the late (post 70) ones, ?thinner metal? they even designed "life expectantcy" into the late ones with a U shaped channel under the wing to trap mud & water...

Very nice Notch back, I used to work with someone who had a dark blue one lowered on polished wheels (not sure what wheels they were). It was a 1600 with twin 45 Dellorto's. He used that as everyday transport.

:shock: camper-van-van...er...if you know what i mean!

NO! A 64 splitscreen single cap pickup! Mind you, yu should have seen the look when I was driving down the M40 with a complete roof section (bottom of the windscreen up for a mate's van) off another green split in the back! Looked like a "push me pull you". :lol:

nope, it's a THING! The kubel wagon was military only, and that's not old enough to be one... Basically the same thing though.... ;)

(used to do a lot of work on Air-cooled stuff... I'll get me coat... :oops: :lol: )

Kubel...kubel.jpg

Fridolin...frid.jpg

Henny, yeah if you were in the USA! Over here it's a Type 181 or Trekker.. Mine was ex Dutch Airforce, the plan with that was Polished 911 fuchs, 2.4l type4 engine (porsche quick) and new gear box (still had the ultra low ratio off road box so top speed was 50!, mind you it'd climb a cliff in 1st!)

wondered if you knew about the Type 181/Trekker name... ;)

Thought that one WAS a THING though due to the front indicators being visible from the side instead of the Euro style ones which weren't?

If it's dutch, it's a 181 though... just the indicators that put me off... ;)

We had a 2.1type 4 engine in the back of a 912 at the garage I used to work for... would love to know if it's still knocking around... TMD10F was the plate it was on... They are quite a power plant upgrade for the aircooled cars aren't they! 8) ;)

just found this as well...

trekker.jpg

Any takers as to what it is?

as I said on MSN, I could just imagine 5 germans poking out the top of this, all with belt fed machine guns, and wearing flowers in their hair ;)

i thought Fridolin was what they gave hyperactive kids...

I love aircooled VW's, my first car-love being a beetle why back when I was a nipper means i'll always have a soft spot for retro-cool. Sadly I dont know that much about them, I too thought that was a Kubel