Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Stunning machine.....then saw this........,

Aye, as Kev says - the Shelby's are the (even more) madly expensive ones to get hold of.

Dax make a Cobra replica called the Tojeiro (fibreglass body rather than the original ally one) that was designed by the same guy that designed the original Cobra. They look the part and certainly go like the clappers - a "small" (4.7litre) block engine in there will still give 300 or so lazy bhp and the car weighs less than a Corrado.

If you go for a big (7.6 litre) block engine, then you get 400+ effortless bhp.

thats a funny post. regardless of replica or original - it looks gorgeous and hes a lucky fella.

He basically took a Cobra and shoe horned in a feckin great yank big block V8, I think he even played with superchargers?

*cough* that'd be an AC ACE he shoe-horned a V8 into then to make it become a Cobra... ;) :roll: Shelby started off fitting V8 engines of around 250Ci to the ACE/COBRA and the production ended up with a 428Ci V8, but the big mother was the 427Ci engine which was basically a full race nascar engine, unlike the 428 which was out of a big Lincoln and was much more of a plodder... (well, as much of a plodder as a 7litre+ V8 engine in an aluminum bodied sports car can be!!! :lol: )

IIRC, The Cobra still holds the world record for the longest skidmarks before a fatal accident... Some bloke span his 427 cobra for a rediculous distance in California and ended up going off a cliff resulting in his death... :crazyeyes: To say it's got a bite was an understatement... :lol:

Yup, it's my favourite car of all time... 8)

/anorak

I can never understand people spend an absolute fortune on a performance car like this and then have cheap tubular frame bucket seats in them. PLEASE get some proper composite ones..

Nice car though. (the Cobra that is) :)

Jay

I see your Cobra and raise you an Ultima GTR which turned up at a Caterham meet.

(Bloke said his was running bad so he bought the GTR instead, bloody showoff!)

My dad used to have an AC ACE when he was in the RAF. He set a personal best time of Edinburgh to Lincoln in 4 hours including stops. This was before there were those pesky speed limit type things :-)

They are beautiful cars, kit or no, and a good spot! IIRC I read an article in Classic Car Weekly which stated that there were only 48 Selby Cobra's left. Probably something to do with how damn dangerous they are!