Sign in to follow this  
tattyrado

Fuel flap lock stuck on car with no central locking

The fuel flap locking thing was jammed in the locked position on my G60, have managed to seperate it from the flap as it was only held on with some very sticky pads. I've done a search on the forum and worked out that there is an acctuator somewhere in the boot to release it, but what I want to know is how does it work (when its working properly) because my car has no central locking, what is supposed to release the fuel flap?

I didn't even know that it had a lock as it's never locked itself before, but my last rado had the clip snapped off with a bit jammed in the lock - a common fault then I guess.

its on the right hand side just above the cenral locking pump you can just pull the rod and your flap will open,,, said the vicar to the choire boy

This can be embarassing at the petrol station.

You need to climb into the back, pull down the rear seat and peel off the carpet from behind where the petrol cap is.

There's a white plastic thing in there soewhere that you push (or pull?) and it unlocks the flap. Might be a pain to find but when you've had to do it a few times its easy.

This happened on mine so i had all the central locking disconnected because i was sick of something not locking or locking me out.

I think the C/L operates it normally.

I assume your car's had the C/L removed, or it just doesn't work tattyrado, ? I think all Rados came with C/L

Yeah, I'm sure the early ones came with vacuum C/L...

PM gradeAfailure, he has a pic of how to do it..

Nice one people, thats all I needed to know.

Time to work out why the central locking is disabled, better than buying one of those cheap universal kits off ebay which is what I was planning.