Sign in to follow this  
martyjmcfly

Stainless steel VR6 6-2-1 exhaust manifold - whats the best?

you get sorted out yet rado?

you should have got it in the plastic bag with the manifold. check your box again

Sorry to hijack the thread but just had my 6 branch delivered (and gorgeous it is!!) but what exhaust wrap is recommended?

rite been on to the guy i bought the 6 branch from, emailed him 3 times now and he hasnt replied!?!

so dose anyone know where else i could get one of these adaptor plates or even just have the racelands own web site, so i can try and get one from them?

Sorry to hijack the thread but just had my 6 branch delivered (and gorgeous it is!!) but what exhaust wrap is recommended?

I didn't bother with the heat wrap and its not near anything that it could melt. There's no definitive answer on whether this is needed or not, but when I had a look at a few websites it seemed fairly pricey

I'd rather be safe than sorry to be honesty mate its not just for keepin under bonnet temps low but also to keep the heat in the manifold.

Looks like i'm gonna get some Thermo-Tec stuff

Jay I used the Thermo-tec copper wrap. (still haven’t quite finished it though). I am also going to spray mine to seal it as recommended.

Jay I used the Thermo-tec copper wrap. (still haven’t quite finished it though). I am also going to spray mine to seal it as recommended.

I've had my manifold a while and it is still sitting in the box watiting for me to get round to wrapping it. I too have a roll of the Thermo-Tec stuff. Think I got it off the 'Bay. My wrap is copper in colour.

Steve @ - What are you using to spray yours with once you've wrapped it? Sounds like a good idea. I read that its recommended to do that.

anyone know how i can get hold of raceland to sort out my missin plate?

and i used the cooltec wrap that kev surjested, got 30meters and it was more than enought!

can anyone please help me out with gettin hold of raceland so i can sort out the missin plate from my 6 branch?

Kev recommended me some heat wrap, but I can't find his email, no doubt he'll pop in here in a sec and be able to enlighten you. It was good quality stuff, and cost about 30 quid for the lot (wrap, ties etc)

Wrapped my manifold this weekend - what a bugger of a job!

I'm glad i don't

A) wrap manifolds for a living

B) work in the factory where that crap is made

C) fit wrapped manifolds on VR6's - those bottom studs are absolute gits

Having just been out for a drive the difference is instant. More power and i'm not cooking the rubber pipes/everthing in the engine bay.

Recommended 100 %

Just need to sort out the slight blowing from the middle of the exhaust which is have now created.

This took me start to finish 1.5 days to take maniold off, wrap and put back on and i will never be doing this again!

Hi Guys

Finally got round to fitting my ready wrapped Raceland - purchased months ago from KADVR6 [cheers m8]

Many thanks to Billcor who helped me source the connector/articulation joint plate via 2 UK companies who stopped stocking them but Kam Racing pointed me direct to an english speaking guy @ Raceland who was most helpful; details to follow.

My big question : Is there a recommended orientation for the 2 spring loaded spherical joint clamp bolts?

[NB This query is not targetted at the :camp: community! :lol: ]

Agreed the lower manifold/headwashers & nuts are sods, especially the middle 2, but you can get your hand behind the manifold from the drivers side, though it is tight! Much easier with inlet/TB removed.

Chaps, do you have to de-cat if you fit a 6-2-1 manifold? I was going to get one of the (many) ones of eBay.

No, it will connect straight to your OEM CAT. The Raceland Manifolds are good, esp for the money btw.

Hi Guys

Finally got round to fitting my ready wrapped Raceland - purchased months ago from KADVR6 [cheers m8]

Many thanks to Billcor who helped me source the connector/articulation joint plate via 2 UK companies who stopped stocking them but Kam Racing pointed me direct to an english speaking guy @ Raceland who was most helpful; details to follow.

My big question : Is there a recommended orientation for the 2 spring loaded spherical joint clamp bolts?

[NB This query is not targetted at the :camp: community! :lol: ]

Agreed the lower manifold/headwashers & nuts are sods, especially the middle 2, but you can get your hand behind the manifold from the drivers side, though it is tight! Much easier with inlet/TB removed.

Update for the Raceland contact details :

Olivier - [email protected]

ebay shop : tuningleader.com