Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Nugget G60 - Updated 23rd July - new pics

_Leon_ - - The guage pod is from SWG, great fit and puts the boost guage more in the line of sight. Battery cover is from http://www.carbonmods.co.uk - good quality item for not a lot of money

CrazyDave - All cars are washed every week without fail, copius amounts of polish and wax means they are pretty easy to keep on top of, apart from the Passat thats doing about 1,000 miles per week at the moment

Any chance of a closer picture of the SWG vent please Andy? may consider selling my original console gauge holder for one of these - could reclaim the cubby hole which i miss!

Finally starting to be as clean as I'd like.

Yesterday saw me finishing the machine polishing and waxing, fitting the chrome plated door latches and locks, cleaning the headlining with Megs APC (it was much dirtier than I thought!!!) and fitting a pinstripe below the side rubbing strips.

Want to get some 15mm spacers behind the rear wheels now, they dont sit quite as well as I'd like.

After realising whilst at Ultimate Dubs that my wheels were not filling the arches like they should I invested in 15mm front and 20mm rear hubcentric spacers this week.

Before and after pics show that it is definitely sitting better now - I think so anyway.

Pics were taken immediately after dropping back on the ground so suspension had not quite settled.

Iggi - the LNS's are going next weekend - sad to see them go but under orders to sell the four sets of spare wheels (for various cars) cluttering up the place

Shaun - the stance is sooo much better now, looks really planted now, its been something I have been unhappy with for a while but Ultimate Dubs sealed it for me - so many cars with perfect stances.

Fitting the spacers also allowed me to clean the arches again - done nearly 10 miles since they were last done :D

That Looks Loads better! Wheels don't look lost now!

Just a quick question though.....I'm sure I read that used Dodo Juice "Banana Armour" on your car! As it's a hard wax did you have to use anything special to apply it and was it a nightmare to take off???

Just asking as I use Megs Gold Class liquid wax on mine but a Few of my mates use Dodo Juice and swear it's Fab! Aswell as smelling nice :grin:

Cheers

Steve - I've got six (or seven) of the Dodo Juice Waxes - personally I prefer the soft waxes purely because they are easier to apply and remove (although their durability is worse) - I'd happily recommend both types though. I did the car with Banana Armour in just over 30 mins so not really hard work. Just wish I could find a wax taht I can actually see when I'm applying it, the one time I'm jealous of people with darker coloured cars :D

After the surprise of getting the runner-up spot at the Show and Shine at the National Day I've removed all the wax, polish etc, clayed, cleansed the paintwork, wiped down witha 50 / 50 mix of IPA and de-ionised water and will be applying the Zaino polish at the weekend - smoothness of the paintwork is better than its ever been.

Flew through its MOT yesterday :D , just an advisory on the handbrake which I already knew about

Also fitted the wind deflectors I purchased acouple of weeks ago.

paintwork looks well nice. always wondered what wind deflectors would look like on a corrado, i like em! :D lol get some pictures up when you have totally finished the polishing, have you got any up close before/after pics or any 50/50 or are they to come! :D

Philuk - to be honest the finish was pretty good anyway, I'm not expecting the Zaino to be significantly better, certainly not that much better that it will show up in photos.

hey i really like yellow rados. how many members have them? i'd really like to see pics of them all :) ........thanks

Started deep cleaning around the tailgate area and cleaning the paintwork with Zaino Z-PC after it had been clayed last weekend.

Always struggled to get depth of finish but the Zino is starting to achieve it, can't describe how the finish is better than I've had before but it definitely is - looking forward to getting the Z3, Z6 and Z8 on now.

Wow Andy, that is looking really good. I know it's been niggling at you for a while (the deep paint thing). Sure looks great in the photos.

That reminds me, I have a lot of work to do before Tatton!

Dave - genuinely really surprised at the difference the Zaino is making - the tricky bit comes next with the Z3 - once its been mixed the 3 layers have to be applied within 12 hours or it has to be thrown out.

Ended up by playing safe and booking a days holiday to do it :D

Applying all of the Zaino polish today and have to admit to being amazed at the difference its making.

Wiped over with a 50/50 pure alcohol / deionised water this morning then on to mixing up the polish. Two ounces of polish mixed with 9 drops of ZFX curing accelerator. Three layers of polish need to be applied, each layer left to cure for 30 minutes, buffed off, coat of Z6 Gloss Enhancer, after last coat a quick wipe over with Z8 and its all done.

Amazed to use only half the polish I've mixed, seems a shame to have to throw it away but at least I know for next time

Shaun - I was very sceptical - I have always used and loved wax, trying Zaino, being a "mere" polish seemed like a backward step. Quite difficult to apply as it needs to go on very thinly but it was worth the effort, reckon it would bring out the flake in your car like nothing else