Sign in to follow this  
The Boye

Nice VR article

It almost prevents me from being constantly pi*ssed off with the repair bills, reading something like that... :?

This week's several hundred quid will be rear caliper replacement and tracking adjustment. Again.

Anyone have any clues why the tracking might go out once every three months?? :(

Next week it'll be the exhaust. :shock: :shock:

I'd be really interested to see the 'official' Autocar Road Test Jamie :)

Joe

if you send me a stamped addressed envelope(approx A4 size) i'll be able to get you a colour copy of the Autocar VR6 v BMW 325i roadtest.........PM me for my postal address or look in the Scottish RR-day thread for it

Did they not have a reputation for being drug dealers cars too (like BMW's)

Kinda a good thing and kinda a bad think I guess :)

Yeah there is a mention of that in the car-by-car breakdown section on the honestjohn.co.uk website. There's not much in the way of Corrados on there but it's a good site nonetheless. :)

Wow, what happened to VW's plans (ar at least their "reported" plans).

G60 built alongside the 2.0 16v and VR6??

The golfs 150bhp engine quickly replacing the 2.0 16v??

And the VR6. If it is still now an awesome car, what would it have been with 24v and 225bhp???

Reading some of those articles nearly makes me feel guilty for modding the suspension. VW were commended for getting it just right first time.

Good find - I enjoyed reading those. :D

Wow, what happened to VW's plans (ar at least their "reported" plans).

And the VR6. If it is still now an awesome car, what would it have been with 24v and 225bhp???

Erm.. the engine would have been the R32...

The standard passat V6 is a proper V - two cylinder heads. The Golf uses the VR6 engine though, yes.

There's also (I believe) a "Passat V6" that does use the VR6 engine, just to confuse matters..

if you send me a stamped addressed envelope(approx A4 size) i'll be able to get you a colour copy of the Autocar VR6 v BMW 325i roadtest.........PM me for my postal address or look in the Scottish RR-day thread for it

PM me tomorrow with e-mail address's and i can send you scans of the autocar report! and another group test with the nissan 200 and the probe.

Ok hang on cause it looks like it was too large to send to a couple of those e-mails..... so im trying to get it hosted on the web, i'll let you know the link asap!