herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Oh you have GOT to be joking me!? i was down in kettering over the weekend and i have a mk5 golf R32 pedal that i don't need :( I know thats a bit of a kick in the nuts for you but if you do need one i can check part no. tonight for you.

Jeeeeeesus how unfortunate :lol:

Yeah if you could check part number's mate that would be awesome! 8)

Doing some work on a cruise control module for a few of the new Hyundai's and their pedal ranges have changed from 0-5v to 0-12v to improve resulotion, so I'd imagine that VW may have followed the same logic and done the same in the mk5 pedals, hence your pedal voltage being too low

interesting reading Rob/Kev

seems like maybe a custom downpipe is a better choice? And perhaps quicker now the dubpower manifold doesnt fit.... Whats your next move on that?

shame about the pedal - waiting patiently for you to write up that the pedal is wired up and its running! gives me a full picture of what problems to expect!

best of luck mate

I think the Dubpower one is worth pursuing, Pete just needs to correct a few fitment issues and then it should be good.

Building a custom one from scratch would cost a lot and most fabricators won't do it without the car there for measuring up etc.

RE the pedal, you live and learn! It does stress the importance of getting EVERYTHING from the donor vehicle!

yea ok mate ill have a look tonight. just wondering actually, what are you doing with the MAF off your old engine?

yea ok mate ill have a look tonight. just wondering actually, what are you doing with the MAF off your old engine?

Sold it with my old engine mate, sorry :(

Here are a few pics after the loom tidying on saturday 8) and thought might as well put a couple of how the downpipes sit as well for you all to see. I have sent them to Pete to Dubpower so he can see what he needs to do.

i will have to pop over sometime soon rob and have a looksy 8)

just needs some Brembo's mate :lol:

it is indeed the sacred pedal! are you wanting it or are you going to wait until yours arrives?

it is indeed the sacred pedal! are you wanting it or are you going to wait until yours arrives?

I haven't ordered one yet so yeah how much do you want for it :lol: PM me dude :cheers:

i will have to pop over sometime soon rob and have a looksy 8)

just needs some Brembo's mate :lol:

You're more than welcome to mate, I have from wednesday to wednesday off this week as well so will have plenty of free time :lol:

And you are welcome to bring some Brembos with you to fit to it if you want mate ;)

Yep, the 6 branch flange needs kicking over to the left a few inches!

And your thread has 68 pages :shock: Get you Mr Popular :lol:

its that magical name added to the title... "r32", the equivalent or writing 'rare' on edition or 'mk2 golf bbs'

Yep, the 6 branch flange needs kicking over to the left a few inches!

And your thread has 68 pages :shock: Get you Mr Popular :lol:

Well I am sort of a forum veteran now mate ... plus the fact I change my mind with what to do with the car every year has helped :lol:

that's strange about the pedal pal (and apologies for any confusion with the part number) - mine worked with one that was defo NOT an r32 pedal...

bay is looking good pal - i would mount the FPR on the strut top rather than the engine though, as according to a guy who works in a hydraulics/fluid transfer place and knowshis stuff, its better to mount them somewhere like that with less vibration especially seeing as you're running the gauge on it...

also, if you're interested at any point - i've got an absolutely mint set of the mk5 r32 cats with the nice long flexis etc if you ever decide to be kind to the environment! looking for £100 sheets for those...

Hmmm, interesting. Was yours a MK5 engine?

The ECU pins go to exactly the right pins on the pedal plug, so it's all a bit weird really. Bring back carburettors and throttle cables, life is so much easier :D

that's strange about the pedal pal (and apologies for any confusion with the part number) - mine worked with one that was defo NOT an r32 pedal...

bay is looking good pal - i would mount the FPR on the strut top rather than the engine though, as according to a guy who works in a hydraulics/fluid transfer place and knowshis stuff, its better to mount them somewhere like that with less vibration especially seeing as you're running the gauge on it...

also, if you're interested at any point - i've got an absolutely mint set of the mk5 r32 cats with the nice long flexis etc if you ever decide to be kind to the environment! looking for £100 sheets for those...

Hmm that is strange how yours worked with a different pedal :scratch: We have tried a diesel pedal (1k2721503M) and an S3 pedal (can't remember the part number, think it was same but with J on the end) and neither of them worked. We checked all 6 pedal wires back to the ecu plug and all checked out ok so it HAS to be the pedal causing the problem.

Yeah I'll move the FPR at some point, got plenty of time off after tomorrow so will be one of my 'to do' jobs :lol:

Cheers for the offer on the cats, i'll pass at the min though, sod the environment :lol:

Hmmm, interesting. Was yours a MK5 engine?

The ECU pins go to exactly the right pins on the pedal plug, so it's all a bit weird really. Bring back carburettors and throttle cables, life is so much easier :D

haha - nice!

and yes, mine was defo out of a mk5

Hmm that is strange how yours worked with a different pedal :scratch: We have tried a diesel pedal (1k2721503M) and an S3 pedal (can't remember the part number, think it was same but with J on the end) and neither of them worked. We checked all 6 pedal wires back to the ecu plug and all checked out ok so it HAS to be the pedal causing the problem.

Yeah I'll move the FPR at some point, got plenty of time off after tomorrow so will be one of my 'to do' jobs :lol:

Cheers for the offer on the cats, i'll pass at the min though, sod the environment :lol:

liking the environment attitude a lot!

just spoken with Kev actaully and i'm still a bit baffled as to the pedal. the only things i can think of are you may have a slightly different ecu to mine (there were a stupid amount of subtle variations in a short space of time) and/or there's a difference between the a3 wiring and the mk5. whatever it is though, it's not going to be anything major.

keep us apdated pal - always like seeing how things are coming along :D

just spoken with Kev actaully and i'm still a bit baffled as to the pedal. the only things i can think of are you may have a slightly different ecu to mine (there were a stupid amount of subtle variations in a short space of time) and/or there's a difference between the a3 wiring and the mk5.

Yeah it could be something like that. This is why Vince asked for the pedal when we dropped the loom off Rob :lol:

Mind you, Rob's ECU has been in a car and everything worked as it should.

Still, I bet you can't put a fruit pastille in your mouth without chewing it :D

Well sorted the exhaust out, Pete from Dubpower turned up at 8:30 this morning with all his kit including 2 facking great gas bottles and his blow torch and then we set to adjusting the downpipes! They didn't want to budge much even when heated, so only managed to move them over/down slightly. So we grinded off some of the flanges (flanges hehe!) and then cut down the decat further and when all on properly the exhaust is much more central! I'm very pleased with Pete's help, the guy's a legend :notworthy:

Also got the proper R32 pedal (cheers swiftkid!) but as suspected really it made no difference whatsoever :( :brickwall: Car's starting fine and running ok, but can't rev the sodding thing! So dunno what to do now, everything looks correct so we might have to try and get it to Stealth :(

Hopefully it's something simple that Vince can assist over the phone with!