herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Cheers guys, yeah I'm loving how well it's looking in the bay, suits the car/colour perfectly!

Pete the cone I got on it now is only temporary really, had it lying around from when it was charged, I'm getting a BMC for it. Good shout on the vag-doctor, i'll give them a bell.

Haven't really looked at the inlet manifold whilst revving it hard tbh :confused4:

Coullstar, I think it sounds really tame in the video actually, it's much much raspier in person, sounds fcuking vicious!! 8)

Coullstar, I think it sounds really tame in the video actually, it's much much raspier in person, sounds fcuking vicious!! 8)

Yep that makes sense, mine was like that before I put the CAT back on. Did my head in on the motorway.

Rob I won't be using my bmc in the near future (want oem airbox) - welcome to take that off me if you want - it's in perfect condition. Chat later today anyway

Oh dear oh dear that sounds bloody great...

Really pleased your getting somewhere Rob, i was worried that the engine might have been no good..

PM me your ECU number and ill keep my eyes peeled..

Glad to see you can finally rev the beast up, you managed to get the pedal fitted and to go for a test run yet?

On an unrelated topic, don't suppose you still have your old charger belt knocking about, if so would you mind measuring it up, mine has decided to chew its self up a bit when it has stretched and rubbed against its self on the charger pulley. Think this means I need a smaller pulley to prevent this happening again. :nuts:

Congratulations Rob, not far to go now then! makes me sad mines still not finished though :( I need to pull my finger out...

Top job mate - sounds superb. Hope you manage to find a new ECU for not too much dollar! :(

WOW lots of response :clap:

Thanks everyone, I'm really pleased with it so far and have really pleased myself doing it all on my own (apart from wiring obviously and have had The Wire's help with getting it running god love him :lol:), just a shame the ECU is naff but that should be easy enough to resolve once I can source one, I'll ring a few places up tomorrow and see if I can get one.

By the way the ECU I need is: 022 906 032 CD which is for a Mk5 Golf R32 BUB engine code.

I haven't had a drive in it yet, I might wait and get the clocks wired up first as I don't want to go cutting in to the carpets just yet as they'll be coming out to swap with Pat McCrotch for his beige interior (soooo glad I got in there first, sorry Jim!) so he won't want holes everywhere! I'll just have to stick the pedal on the dash and press it with my hand :lol: Or just use shed loads of velcro for now maybe, might be a bit floppy though :lol:

Awesome mate :salute:

Loving the reach around, although it does sound tinny through my cack PC speakers :lol:

I'll come up and finish the dash wiring etc and extend the aux water pump soon, oh and give you a hand to bolt that pedal down. Then it's time to some local chavs 8)

Awesome mate :salute:

Loving the reach around, although it does sound tinny through my cack PC speakers :lol:

I'll come up and finish the dash wiring etc and extend the aux water pump soon, oh and give you a hand to bolt that pedal down. Then it's time to some local chavs 8)

Yeah sounds better through some decent speakers, still not a patch on what it's really like though, ask Leon :lol:

It's only the pedal and the wiring for the clocks that I need to do now, I extended the aux water pump but I don't think it's come on yet :shrug: same with the fan, so maybe something not connected that controls them perhaps? Anyway yeah, hurry up and get some time off :lol:

isnt the one in the link 032 at the end thought you wanted 036 like mentioned above??

If you look above again Jon you'll see it actually says 032 .... editted :epicfail: :lol: It is 032 I needed, I double checked the number with Vince.

i wouldn't buy any 2nd hand parts from motors in motion :(

only joking mate, hope it sorts everyhing out. :lol:

soooo glad I got in there first, sorry Jim!

Actually you didn't.. I did post first but then for some stupid reason had a moment of doubt and deleted my post. Then you turned up and got in there.

I'm more annoyed at myself and my indecision - Carpe Diem! Sieze the day! :lol:

Motors in Motion eh! I bought my motor from them. They never sent me the exhaust manifold,airbox,correct wiring loom and several other bits that were supposed to be included but then once I'd paid them they apparently wern't...

Still, just an ECU should be fine! :D