herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

And your tyres.

I lost the feeling for mine too, got it back on the road eventually 9 months later after coming off the road, anyway i def have it all back now, sometimes its the best to take it off the road and not drive it, then once its back on and all fixed up and possibly a new direction like you are going you will have the fire burning again.

Well done Rob!

My VR is rolling again and i'm gonna MOT this week to use the tank of super in it then i start my conversion as well! - After the fun and games i had stripping mine out of the donor car it'll be great fun refitting it all in the smaller corrado shell! hopefully we'll both finish before the summer! 8) Good luck (o and if i can helpm with anything just shout!)

Well done Rob!

My VR is rolling again and i'm gonna MOT this week to use the tank of super in it then i start my conversion as well! - After the fun and games i had stripping mine out of the donor car it'll be great fun refitting it all in the smaller corrado shell! hopefully we'll both finish before the summer! 8) Good luck (o and if i can helpm with anything just shout!)

Cheers mate! I just looked at your thread, should be an awesome car when complete ... good luck though :lol:

if i'm counting my onions right here then;

there's going to be:

1. mine

2. Karl's

3. Kip's

4. Coxy's

5. Herisites'

6. Yeti's

7. biggerbigben's

8. poss Quicky 1980's

that's EIGHT Corrado R32 conversions!!! :shock: and that's without even mentioning those who are just contemplating doing it or those who have done 24v conversions!

there were none not so long ago (save phatvr6 and the like who don't use this forum anymore) - i guess it's the "fashion" at the moment! :lol:

if i'm counting my onions right here then;

there's going to be:

1. mine

2. Karl's

3. Kip's

4. Coxy's

5. Herisites'

6. Yeti's

7. biggerbigben's

8. poss Quicky 1980's

that's EIGHT Corrado R32 conversions!!! :shock: and that's without even mentioning those who are just contemplating doing it or those who have done 24v conversions!

there were none not so long ago (save phatvr6 and the like who don't use this forum anymore) - i guess it's the "fashion" at the moment! :lol:

you forgot bigpantsbaby pete, so that makes 8/9 i think.

Coullstar has a nice green 24v.

Mystic Storm has a nice Dark Burgundy one, if I do say so myself :lol:

Oh and dont forget someone has Jay's 24v too.

I also think John-M did his at PSI, but cant remember 100%

Stan24 was correct - my VR does now have a 4Motion 2.8 24V engine fitted.

Have been neglecting this forum for too long :(

Still, spring is just around the corner, time to continue the tidy-up - it so needs it .

No mate, just the engine :D

I've knocked the Bora plan on the head, I want to stick with the Corrado platform as it's the best looking VW by far (imo)!

The 24V will of course be turboed and I chose the 2.8 over the 3.2 for it's thicker bore walls.

I prefer the flexibility of the 2.8 too. With the R32, you can over bore to 3.3 and that's it. You can't fit the 3.6 crank because VW lowered the crank and reduced the bank spacing to 10.5 degrees to reduce side wall loadings.

With the 2.8, you can do a few things:-

1) R32 head bolts on for more flow (bigger ports)

2) R32 crank with modded (standard 81mm) pistons gives a nice, solid 3.0 engine

3) Any capacity you like from 2.9 to 3.3 with a combo of pistons and crank throw

So it's pretty much an engine for life :D

Chatted to Jon about his Bora a few times now.. if that isn't enough to inspire, I don't know what is. Heard it running / driving a few times now and it sounds absolutely ballistic! He's been talking about top speeds he aims to achieve in it.. all I can say is, he's a brave man.

Likewise, seen and heard it now and it's a bit loud for my tastes :D

It's his original 2.8 that I've bought. I drove his car when it was standard, so I know it's a good lump :D

Chatted to Jon about his Bora a few times now.. if that isn't enough to inspire, I don't know what is. Heard it running / driving a few times now and it sounds absolutely ballistic! He's been talking about top speeds he aims to achieve in it.. all I can say is, he's a brave man.

Has he got a build thread anywhere?

:salute:

Nope. He's not into forums or anything really I'm afraid mate! Like Vince (who also never uses forums) I think he'd be concerned about people always bugging him for car problems / advice all the time once they found out he worked for Stealth!

Nope. He's not into forums or anything really I'm afraid mate! Like Vince (who also never uses forums) I think he'd be concerned about people always bugging him for car problems / advice all the time once they found out he worked for Stealth!

Yep he is probably right! LOL

i never knew that you were going 24v Kev, when did you pick that up?

i totally follow your points about going 2.8 instead of 3.2, but even running a turbo and lots of other non-standard bits, surely you won't need to worry about a rebore etc for a very long time...

it seems like it would be simpler just to go 3.2 from the beginning - r32 heads/inlet manifolds etc are available (god bless ebay!), but they still don't come up very often...

while we are of the subect - are a set of Mk5 R32 manifolds any good to you? i also have the twin cats, but they and the down pipes are all one unit, which i doubt is any good to you as you're going turbo...

and i have seen Jon's bora at stealth, never heard it running unfortunately - the boost pipework and FMIC are HUGE!!! it's going to be ridiculous :shock: :norty: :nuts:

anyway, more on topic...

Rob what's happening with your car now, any more news on the repair front (very sorry to hear about that by the way, but it looks as though it will turn out well in the end :) )

and i have seen Jon's bora at stealth, never heard it running unfortunately - the boost pipework and FMIC are HUGE!!! it's going to be ridiculous :shock: :norty: :nuts:

He's aiming for 800BHP and it has gearing which would permit 226MPH... say no more. He said he'll be happy if he can get it 200MPH. Assuming he's feeling brave enough, and can find a piece of track to do it on (Bruntingthorpe?). He said that, even 4 up, with the boost dialled down and running it in (so never going above 4k), and never using full throttle it'll put you back into your seat. Gotta try and bag me a ride in it next time! :)

He's aiming for 800BHP and it has gearing which would permit 226MPH... say no more. He said he'll be happy if he can get it 200MPH. Assuming he's feeling brave enough, and can find a piece of track to do it on (Bruntingthorpe?). He said that, even 4 up, with the boost dialled down and running it in (so never going above 4k), and never using full throttle it'll put you back into your seat. Gotta try and bag me a ride in it next time! :)

Fcuk meeee that's going to be a beast!!! :shock:

f*ck me!!!! :ignore: :nuts: :onfire: :evilbat: :twisted:

Rob what's happening with your car now, any more news on the repair front (very sorry to hear about that by the way, but it looks as though it will turn out well in the end :) )

Nothing's happening at the moment mate :( been waiting for the use of a second car, which I have available now and also the use of a lockup or something to do it in and now have a nice big empty barn with electric and lighting etc available which is all good. I just need to get my arse in gear and order the downpipes and other bits I need and I can start the R32.

However I am going to get the damage fixed first before I take it off the road so atleast the bodywork is all good and then just needs the engine!

However I am going to get the damage fixed first before I take it off the road so atleast the bodywork is all good and then just needs the engine!

you make it sound so easy!!! hope it all comes together with the repairs bud, glad you have been sorted with another car now. i still have a fair few R32 bits lying around which i was going to put on the R32OC shortly. i doubt you will need most of it, but if you're after anything, gimme a shout :D

(tha's good having an indoor, lit place with lecky avaiable - aboslute godsend. i mostly had to do my conversion in the cold & rain! :( )

Nothing's happening at the moment mate

That seems to happen a lot with Corrado's and r32 engines, mine included!! :lol:

Get some pics up ASAP!!