herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Would be interested to see the Gaz's too so would be a worthwhile visit... if that's ok, give me a nod when you're looking to do it :)

Just a thought mate. When Dave was wiring up my 24v he noticed the N156 valve was missing. I've never heard of it but apparently it controls the switching between the long/short runners on the variable manifolds.... hate to ask but have you checked this on yours? Maybe its malfunctioning and having an effect on what runners are in use and when?

I had a look on mine last night and mine's got this. I asked Vince about it as well and he said it won't be that as we actually did some runs on the dyno switching the manifold manually so we know it's not to do with that. Apparently he has an idea what the problem could be and hopefully if there's time after my axle bushes are done next week we can put it on the rollers and investigate.

Would be interested to see the Gaz's too so would be a worthwhile visit... if that's ok, give me a nod when you're looking to do it :)

Yeah would be a worthwhile visit then! I'll give you a shout when we do it then :salute:

Rear axle bushes are now finally done! :clap: Booked the car in to Stealth yesterday to have some fitted and am pleased with the results. Car feels much more settled at speed and feels tighter when cornering, not as crashy at the back either (although still pretty crashy!).

Just need the GAZzers now and all should be sweeeeeet :cheers:

My GAZ coilovers have just arrived!! :clap: Will get some pics up later on. I'll be fitting them this weekend so will get some pics/reviews up as soon as their on!

Can't wait! :clap:

Yeah I bloody hope so anyway :lol:

The Weitecs are definitely foobared there's no 2 ways about it, they've been leaking for ages, they're ridiculously crashy and it's not very stable at high speeds. A lot of my steering related issues though were down to my adjustable column being sloppy as sheeeite, fitted the fixed one at the weekend and the difference is night and day with the steering, it feels so solid and responsive now, easily one of the best things I've done to the car! :notworthy:

am seriously going to have to do this column mods, was under mine lastnight trying to find what is wrong with my steering, but found nothing

am seriously going to have to do this column mods, was under mine lastnight trying to find what is wrong with my steering, but found nothing

I could guarantee a fixed column will fix your steering issues! Check your adjustable though, the pin in them can work itself loose over time and so the joint becomes loose, which is what happened with mine. You'll need to remove the trim round it etc so you can see it. I'll try and get some pics of mine so you can see what I mean. Pushing this pin back in might tighten up the column a bit.

Only issue with the fixed column is the trim to go round it (which you definitely need as the ignition barrel is in a different position) is obsolete for the late interior :( Early is still available but only just, that's what I'm having to fit to mine.

8)

you will have to get some photos of how it looks etc if thats ok?

my steering is now seriously noisy when turning you can hear it kind of clunking lots and lots of times as you turn almost a continous noise. Can even feel the wheels move on their own as you go round a bend and hit a small bump, quite scary.

Well the Gaz Gold that I had were certainly comparable to the KW V3s for performance. I just hope Razamataz have got their act together with the nickel plating and build quality!

Sorry about KW's pricing. They are actually my own products. KW stands for, "Kev Wire's" and the V3 was my own personal design to suit my tastes. I'm working on the prices :D I was just capatalising on scenesters willing to pay 50% more for a brand name.

Sorry about KW's pricing. They are actually my own products. KW stands for, "Kev Wire's" and the V3 was my own personal design to suit my tastes. I'm working on the prices :D I was just capatalising on scenesters willing to pay 50% more for a brand name.

:lol:

Can't wait to see what you think to the Gaz Rob, but then whats next?

:lol:

Can't wait to see what you think to the Gaz Rob, but then whats next?

Big brakes probably, shorter final drive and rebuilt box then start saving for a supercharger :lol: none of this is going to happen any time soon though :(

then start saving for a supercharger :lol:

[chant]Tur-bo, tur-bo, tur-bo, tur-bo[/chant] :D

then start saving for a supercharger :lol:

[chant]Tur-bo, tur-bo, tur-bo, tur-bo[/chant] :D

Or turbo :lol: I'd prefer turbo actually, would cost more though so have a feeling I'd get to the amount a charger would cost and say "That'll do" :lol:

Here's some pics from our day fitting the fixed column. I just wanted to show off the workshop that I use really :lol: And then a pic of a rear and front GAZ, couldn't be bother to unwrap all of them to take pics!

nice - i fancied doing the fixed column to mine if i kept it.

did you fit a new ignition switch while you were there?

also how easy was the job to do?

cheers for the pics - loving the workshop 8)

He he, good shots Rob!

The pics don't do the immenseness of those engines any justice! For example, the first pic with the cloth draped over the MONSTER supercharger is 10.5 Litres and makes 950hp @ 8psi :D And that's a baby by all accounts!!

The Gazzers look superb mate and I like the fact they use proper length springs with a nice amount of coils instead of those stupid helpers all the scene kits use. That's the proper way to do it :salute:

nice - i fancied doing the fixed column to mine if i kept it.

did you fit a new ignition switch while you were there?

also how easy was the job to do?

cheers for the pics - loving the workshop 8)

Well I fitted my old ignition switch which was relatively new a while ago and felt perfectly fine, however it now feels quite stiff so not sure what's happened there :scratch:

My column was easy to fit, David Wort's guide looks quite tricky but that's because he used a Polo column and had to swap parts over etc to fit the corrado. I just got a 2nd hand corrado fixed column (from an early valver I think) so it was a straight fit, apart from the UJ which was different but that made things easier as I only needed to release the pinch bolt on the UJ and slide out the old column and slide in the new one (well with a bit of force and fannying around lol). You just need to drill out the sheer bolts holding the original column in if they've not already been done, and then it's just a case of unbolting old one and bolting in new, bish bash bosh :lol:

He he, good shots Rob!

The pics don't do the immenseness of those engines any justice! For example, the first pic with the cloth draped over the MONSTER supercharger is 10.5 Litres and makes 950hp @ 8psi :D And that's a baby by all accounts!!

The Gazzers look superb mate and I like the fact they use proper length springs with a nice amount of coils instead of those stupid helpers all the scene kits use. That's the proper way to do it :salute:

Yeah the pics certainly don't so them any justice, you don't realise how HUGE these engines are until you see them in the metal :luvlove:

Yep the Gazzers certainly look the part, just hope I can set them up to their full potential :lol:

He he, good shots Rob!

nice - bet there's enough torque to turn planets! :nuts:

i didn't notice the one piece springs - that is nicer than having the little "helper" crap

be interesting to see how progressive they are though - looking at the layout of the coils they might not be as progressive as some others....

Rob - very interested to hear your review - hurry up and get 'em fitted! :lol:

Well I fitted my old ignition switch which was relatively new a while ago and felt perfectly fine, however it now feels quite stiff so not sure what's happened there :scratch:

My column was easy to fit, David Wort's guide looks quite tricky but that's because he used a Polo column and had to swap parts over etc to fit the corrado. I just got a 2nd hand corrado fixed column (from an early valver I think) so it was a straight fit, apart from the UJ which was different but that made things easier as I only needed to release the pinch bolt on the UJ and slide out the old column and slide in the new one (well with a bit of force and fannying around lol). You just need to drill out the sheer bolts holding the original column in if they've not already been done, and then it's just a case of unbolting old one and bolting in new, bish bash bosh :lol:

that's cool - did wonder about the ignition switch (as i figured you'd probably already fitted a replacement!), sounds a bit funny that's it's acting strangely now though...

that's cool about the column - did one on a friend's scirocco a while ago and that was pretty easy (even with drilling out the sheer bolts)

those UJ's are a bit of a pain to line back up again aren't they! - if i ever own another 'rado i would also get hold of another brand spankers UJ from the dealers, as they're so much easier to fit when doing this.

really pleased for you to hear the car is coming on now - looking forward to future progress from seeing your plans 8)

i didn't notice the one piece springs - that is nicer than having the little "helper" crap

be interesting to see how progressive they are though - looking at the layout of the coils they might not be as progressive as some others....

Rob - very interested to hear your review - hurry up and get 'em fitted! :lol:

Certainly is :D I had the same style and length of springs on my Gaz Golds and they felt spot on. I personally don't like progressive rate springs. The transition from the regular to stiffer rate always feels a bit too bouncy for my tastes, but each to our own :D

Yeah Rob, hurry up and get me fitted :D

Get 'em fitted tonight Rob! It only took me about 2ish hours to fit my Weitecs a few years ago :)

The whole forum is waiting on you!

I'd love to fit them tonight but a) it's raining and the workshop is only really available weekends. b) I'm busy anyway c) it will take longer as they will need all the damping playing around with and c) I have other stuff I want to do at same time so might as well wait and make a job out of it. Going go karting with work tomorrow night as well so can't fit then so might as well wait until saturday and do it properly.

Believe me I want them fitted a LOT more than any of you lot do :lol: