Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Steering wheel from a TT/Mk4/other new VAG car?

Er didn't get a wheel - I just pinched the pics from the mkiv forum! :lol:

They're all of the arrangement on a Mk5 Golf, so at least we know what we're up against.

I'll have a look on ETKA this evening to see if the Audi parts are the same, but I suspect they are very similar.

The next step then is to find out if you can (or rather, how hard it is to) retro-fit the slip rings and plug socket to a Corrado.

A pic of the exposed Corrado steering column would help, but I guess until you've actually got all the parts in front of you, you're not going to find out whether it'll definitely fit.

Which means I need to aquire the slip ring assembly from a scrapper A4/Octavia/similar somewhere...

here you go hope this helps

I didn't mean you had to rip the whole dash out! :lol:

Nah, very useful though - looks like there's enough room around the column to fit the slip rings... 8)

Hmm, well after talking to my man in the know, he says all the Audi wheels are pretty much the same size, so they'll all look a bit too large and chunky in the C :(

So apparently *cough*Fords*cough* use a separate stalk for the radio controls...

Might just ditch the idea for now and concentrate on getting the PC installed and working first - I can always add fancy controls at a later date.

Yeah, I'd seen that, but I'm not sure if it'll work with VAG gear. Theoretically, it's all just resistive switches, so anything should work, but not sure.

As a wheel is going to be hugely expensive anyway, I'm kind of putting this on the back-burner for now and will concentrate on actually getting the PC working in the car first instead ;)

*threadjack*

so 99% of late VAG wheels will fit on the splines, its just the horn that would need adapting?

And it is Adam G who fitted a Lupo GTi wheel to his Mk2 Rocco.. and it looks spot on IMO