Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Car-care-supplies.com - superspray added to the site

neil,whats this carnauba gold like,will it give a better finish than the megs gold class?can i use both together for a better finish?

Far superior in terms of durability and protection m8 8)

You could use both together (synthetic gold class first) but ideally one or the other.It wont cause any damage but the carnauba paste wont work to its full potential.

Neil. :)

Sorry m8 forgot to say,my eyes are not working properly due to looking at frontpage all morning :shock: :lol:

A good Carnauba paste,no question 8)

Neil.

Will have a look at the gallery m8 8)

Edit:cant really get an idea of the finish from the pics :( although the car looks superb! 8)

Andy,we talked about a bit of a package for ya,but i think for starters go with these as per pm for now...

Wash mitt.

Microfibre drying towel.

Foam applicater pads.

2x microfibre polishing cloths.

What polishes/waxes are you using at the minute?

weekend waxathon
8) :lol:

No probs Andy,looks stealthy with the dark rims/bonnet 8)

Id suggest a paint cleaner and a polish for ya if you currently have none,and see how you go with it?

Neil.

Back online after being off intermittently with having the electricians in :cry:

Autoglym products are slowly coming in too...

I've been thinking about spending a couple of quid on some proper cleaning clobber. Trouble is I spend a lot of time in rural locations, and my car picks up cack really quickly, and it's winter which never helps.

I was thinking about washing it really well, possibly trying to remove some of the scratches, then hopefully polishing it up and waxing it, to protect the paint as much as possible, following that up with washing it and every so often.

If I was to use the TFR, then shampoo it, scratch x, then the megs 3 step pack. Would that leave it pretty good for a while?

I know that the Scratch X needs a couple of uses to properly sort swirling out, but I've not got much time, I work mon-saturday, and am usually doing something on Sundays too, so is it worth using just once for the time being?

I'm thinking I ought to do something as the paintwork needs some TLC, the bonnet is looking really chipped, and it looks a bit shabby at the moment.

I'd like to know your thoughts Neil.

Hi m8 :)

With living where you live and the weather being like it is at the moment...protection and prevention will be a good routine for you i think for the time being.

You need to start by having a good washing routine and using good quality implements,no sponges and no wash leathers...A woolen wash mitt is a good start.

Always hose the car down from top to bottom first,and Always clean the wheels first before the main body.

If you use the tfr you are fine to apply this and then hose the car down.

You could ideally start by using the scratch-x to bring the paint up,by starting from this point will mean that when you eventually come to using cleaners/polishes/wax then it will all work and protect to its full potential.

However...i myself have been using only the scratch x over a few weeks now with careful washing inbetween...but ive just recently thrown some wax over it to get through the winter.

Basically id advise you to get a good washing routine going,and use a good carnauba paste wax for now...id stay away from synthetic waxes with where you live and the fact that you cant get much time.

Id do this with a view to bringing the paint up once the weather comes back...scratch x,good implements,a paint cleaner,polish...and the carnauba paste wax.

Hope that helps a bit m8.

Cheers for that....

With the clocks going back soon, i think I might just give it a bloody good wash and wax it, as you said. It won't look much better, but it'll not get any worse I suppose.

I do have something on the car, I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's cow saliva, it appeared after being on my mates dairy farm, and has 'baked' on, it's rock solid now. I've tried autoglym intensive tar remover, but it won't shift it, any advise?

Cheers for that....

With the clocks going back soon, i think I might just give it a bloody good wash and wax it, as you said. It won't look much better, but it'll not get any worse I suppose.

Aye,thats the best bet for the moment m8,just protect/prevent as much as you can for the minute. :)

As for the cow saliva! :lol: if you popped a big lump of megs paint cleaner on there and let it soften it,it should come away.

Neil.

:lol:

I had some daft cow :lol: run down my wing with some red lipstick a few months back while driving through traffic in town one night,seriously! :mad:

At the time i was having a bad run and with the sun/lack of time and wotnot it dried on really hard...megs paint cleaner (good lump of it just sat on there) brought it off after a couple of times. 8)

Edit:dont be tempted to rub at it with anything if you can help it...until it starts softening up.

Neil.

I've left it fairly alone, apart from washing it as I knew i'd damage the paint around it. It was when it was really hot and must've cooked really quickly.

Trouble is, it does look a bit dubious....

Thanks for your help, probably will be ordering some clobber when i get paid next.

Catch you soon.

Since 8.00am this morning ive been trying to sort a customers cars page with a submit form...nearly had it sorted when i had a feckin power cut :cry: :mad:

Got it working i think though...

http://www.volksdevil.com

Neil. :) :(

Edited by Riley

Gift vouchers now available for friends and family,with values from £5 to £500,details on the main page.

And thanks to G60Greeny for submitting the G to the customers cars page 8)

Neil.

Same colours available as the window stickers...

Neil.

Edited by Riley