Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Car-care-supplies.com - superspray added to the site

How do guys n girls,been very busy setting up my new website and have recently launched it.Please bear in mind that im no web designer,and ive just learnt as i have gone along really...Its taken me months! :lol:

Had a quote off a mate of a mate,and he reckons he would be looking at over 1k for similar! :shock:

Thought id start a thread just for any future feed back and wotnot,its still being tweaked as yet,but any future comments welcome.

Cheers,Neil. :D

Volksdevil Car Care

Hints and tips page updated

Customers cars page added

New key rings on the Volksdevil specials page

Added a specific forum group buys page,should make things easier in the future :D

wow,cheers m8 :D

always good to get other peoples views when they see it for the first time,im sick of the sight of it me self :lol:

Neil.

I like 8) loads quickly and is straight forward!

I do have one comment though.... I'd be consistent with you font you use for the main body text. I'd stick it all in the same font as the introduction, including the product desriptions. What do you reckon?

I reckon that right there is good constructive critisism mrb 8)

Looking at it now,i think the description headers need to be a little clearer...maybe the trebuchet ms that ive used else where.

Thanks m8 :D sommet to keep me busy tonight!

Neil.

Thanks Bill! :D

not had time to look at the font...and i need early nights...prescribed by the doctor :o

ps:off topic,but has anybody got a pic of a late leccy mirror switch? or even have a broken one knocking about?

cheers guys,neil.

I just made an order mate :D

Im a web designer/programmer and i also think the site looks fine. I agree with mr beige though, try to keep fonts, layout, styles etc all consistent. Also there seems to be an issue with image sizes some of the image look stretched, i would try and keep all the images to a standard size and maybe even smaller with the ability to enlarge the image as they are quite in your face! Other than that top job mate :D

Now where's my wax :lol:

Rob.

Thanks guys :) !

herisites,have you not received it yet? bloody royal mail :lol: will be with you asap m8 8)

Ill admit im really not the best with computers,and the imges that my suppliers sent me wern't always the best.I had to just tweak em in paint! :oops: !

And the microfibre pics...i had to take the pics myself and painstakingly draw around them to give a white background :lol: not a bad job i dont think though?

Will take on board what you guys say,cheers.

Neil.

herisites,hope you are happy with the service even with the bloody bank holiday :roll: :lol:

Neil.

Oh,new custom bits coming soon...

Edit:i built the site and i cant get a bloody pic/link to work on here :lol:

Edited by Riley

Cant manage a site discount like that m8,especially with the postage prices having just gone up.im actually paying towards postage on most things as yet as its a lot of work to go through the whole site adjusting things :( so im very competative on price at the moment.

There's a possible group buy for which the postage dosn't cost me as much,details on the volksdevil forum.

click

Neil.

cool 8) be alright if the weather sorted itself out a bit like :roll: Still...at least ive ended up with a new outside swimming pool :D feckin leaky garage :lol:

Hiya m8 :)

Ideally you just want to be using a very good wax on fresh paint (at least a couple of weeks old though)...Especially if the finish is good and you are happy with it? 8) A wax will keep it smooth/buffed and sealed from the elements that make it rough....dull and open to the elements.

Depending on how often you wash/wax will depict on how often you should use a polish.

Of course if the paint was knocking on a bit...it would be best to stick to one product at a time to bring it up before moving onto the next.

Feel free to tell me what the finish is like/what paint was used/and what you are looking to achieve and ill try to help.

Neil. :)

Free sticker hidden on the site here.

Its hidden in a picture and you will know if you find it.good luck! :D

Edit:Sticker found! 8)

Neil.