Sign in to follow this  
16vradge

HIC Insurance spys?

I've never had any experience with them, but it's not exactly unreasonable for their engineer to search forums for details about your car.

The bloke on that forum also seems to be a bit of an idiot either way, so I suspect there's more to the story than his inital post is letting on.

It's a good enough reason not to post up pictures of your C with the number plate exposed though ;)

Edit: Oh and it's spies ;)

Sorry, please excuse my spelling. *cough* petty as fu

I thought the same of the guy with the Mazda - still there are plenty idiots on here too eh?

Good call on the number plate thing though

Edit: Oh and it's initial not inital :fist:

I spotted this on another forum. Might be of interest considering the HIC ad that has appeared on the portal.

Big brother is watching you! :albino:

From my personal experience they are shyte, but I never had to claim through them.

Yay or ney anyone?

I have made the last post on this other thread and if you read it HIC have nothing to do with this case and the guys problem is with an underwriter called Highway who people often seem to wrongly associate with HIC. Highway are one of the underwriters that HIC use but they are a massive company and probably most insurance brokers you will ring will have schemes through highway.

I have started using this forum primarily as a new corrado owner and have previously used many other vw forums with my recently sold mk2 golf gti 8v turbo so i come on the forums as an enthusiast same as the rest of you not a spy (as cool as it sounds 8) )!!

If i can offer any advice or get decent quotes for any fellow members then thats surely just a bonus, i dont get paid commision so i dont directly benefit but i would rather speak to fellow dubbers than others and if the company does get a few extra calls it keeps my boss happy and he overlooks me wasting half my time on the net!

Im sorry to hear your experience of HIC wasnt great but unfortunatly you cant please everyone all the time and no-one likes insurance companies anyway! :(

Hope that clears it up anyway......... :)

I've never had any experience with them, but it's not exactly unreasonable for their engineer to search forums for details about your car.

The bloke on that forum also seems to be a bit of an idiot either way, so I suspect there's more to the story than his inital post is letting on.

It's a good enough reason not to post up pictures of your C with the number plate exposed though ;)

Edit: Oh and it's spies ;)

You summed up my point perfectly, you only get one side of the story and from what i have read of it i get the impression there is a lot more to it, i mean insurance companies would not normally go to that extent to investigate a claim without good reason...... :)

The guy in that link complains about highway not covering the wear and tear which resulted in the fire.

No insurance company covers wear and tear so it is normal for and insurance company to only cover the damage that came as a result of it. For example, if a faulty loom caused and engine fire, on a comp policy, any damage to the engine would be covered but the cost of the loom would not.

I realise that keystarG60. I was only posting up what I'd seen on another forum and thought it may be of use to people on here. As Dinktionaryus said it's probably not a good idea to put up pics with number plates, especially if your coming on here boasting about how you did 165mph down the M1 etc.

Cheers for clarifying HIC and their association with Highways martinb, still not a fan of HIC but each to their own and all that.