Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

just bought a mk1!

as a lot of you will know ive been after a solid clean mk1 non-sunroof for a while now,, well i bought one tonight its ticks all the boxes never been welded only 2 owners the present owner for 10 years! seeing as the rado is in for paint for a monh or 2 i can get cracking on it i plan to keep it origional and clean but lowed slightly with some rare retro wheels ill post some pics as soon as its home :D

lol not picking it up till after edtion andy! for me the mk1 is pure driving the mk2 is still amazing but my mk1 will always remain in my heart where as i can take or leave mk2's always wanted a mk1 that was perfect in every respect!

I had a mk1 Driver before the C and I miss that too :(

Look forward to seeing some pics Bill 8)

still miss my mk1 gti, had it 8 yrs and did 197000 miles in it lol :-(

Wow that's a long relationship! How much work did it require in that time Nick?

MK1? And there was I thinking Mk1 unanimously on a Corradoforum (coupe, not hatch) meant Scirocco Mk1, as that's the only Mk1 in my books. The rest are Goofs, albeit that the Mk1 is the nicest (also designed by Giugiaro) :-)

Tempest

i gave up my search for a solid mk1 scirocco long ago eric as youre right they are the only mk1!! my favourite vw of all time. but this one will do for now! ill post pics as soon as i get it home

so shes home! interior is mint best mk1 interior ive seen! (on a std car) the body is solid just need paint the chassis is solid sills are straght as and solid as well (did i use the word solid too many times right there? :lol:) really happy with her cant wait to get started! made my shopping list already!

you can never over use the word solid with a MK1 if you have one of the few that is!