Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Looking good Goldie - you've really got the bug now eh! Beginning to show a bit of potential too mind Lol! :)

Beginning to show a bit of potential too mind Lol!

I think its showing the potential that i need to leave the car alone Bill...

You gonna polish your VSR up when you get it :)

Cars looking good Goldie, see you got the KW coilies, nice choice

Just to tempt you, theres a charger on Ed38 for £500 :lol:

Just to tempt you, theres a charger on Ed38 for £500

Oh mate dont say that... Any details??

Its probably a good job i dont have an E38 log in to see that ad...

Im sure its a conspiracy, everyone keeps trying to spend all my money!!! :)

You gonna polish your VSR up when you get it

Nah, too rare to do that to it!

Vortech, V-2s, £500ono, no mounting bracket etc

You won't get the opportunity at that price again - you know it makes sense :lol:

i'm being really lazy here, but what is the brake setup you have on the front?

are they standard VR calipers jut painted?

what discs and pads are they?

Nope, they are late spec Golf VR 288mm calipers with EBC green stuff pads and discs....

forgive my lack of knowledge but are corrados 280mm then? is it a simple upgrade?

You won't get the opportunity at that price again - you know it makes sense

I have hammered the Corrado Account recently so some one else will have to score a bargain..

forgive my lack of knowledge but are corrados 280mm then? is it a simple upgrade?

Corrado VRs and G60s wear 280mm brakes as standard.

To do the conversion you need the carriers, calipers and matching discs and pads from a late spec Golf VR or a Passat..

Not terribly difficult to do, some potentially akward nuts to slacken and a bleeding the brakes and your in business....

They feel alot more reassuring that the standard set up as im sure most would agree who have gone for them..

Michael, You should get a pic up of your shiny new Schrick for us all to oggle at! Good work on the polishing, and all the more satisfying knowing you did it yourself. :D

Its not the whole thing though Charlie, ive milled the name off only as its so badly cast itll just be bubbly....

I may go down the powdercoated route in the future though....

Have you thought of getting some alternative script sand-blasted onto the polished bit Goldie - would look good 8)

Have you thought of getting some alternative script sand-blasted onto the polished bit Goldie - would look good

In wasnt really gonna give the game away but nevermind... This is what the finsihed article is looking like....

The aerial has arrived by the way Bill, thanks for the info, well happy with it....

Have you thought of getting some alternative script sand-blasted onto the polished bit Goldie - would look good

In wasnt really gonna give the game away but nevermind... This is what the finsihed article is looking like....

The aerial has arrived by the way Bill, thanks for the info, well happy with it....

8) As an alternative, there was a post the other day where there are aluminium "Corrado" script badges available. It might have been Jim that posted it?

As an alternative, there was a post the other day where there are aluminium "Corrado" script badges available.

Yeah, i saw something about them, i think the storm badge is the one though......

Goldie, this car is getting better everytime i log in!! It was only at the SC meet a few months back you weren't too sure on going too far with the mods. Looks like you caught the bug well and truely!!! Nice one mate, looks fantastic. Well, i'd expect nothing less from you. I hope those trip up and down the country aren't taking it's toll on the paintwork...

Steve

hope those trip up and down the country aren't taking it's toll on the paintwork...

Ive started getting a lift when i do go home so the long journeys are being kept to a minimum....

Im approaching the stage of needing another car though Steve, i dont want to use it unless its for driving enjoyment not going to the shops etc...

hope those trip up and down the country aren't taking it's toll on the paintwork...

Ive started getting a lift when i do go home so the long journeys are being kept to a minimum....

Im approaching the stage of needing another car though Steve, i dont want to use it unless its for driving enjoyment not going to the shops etc...

I know the feeling mate, im a bit worried of having to use mine so much as a daily and because of it im not enjoying the drive as much! And i spend so much time cleaning it every week and it just gets filthy again! Plus i have no choice when i go back to uni i need a second car and lock the C up in the garag only to bring out on special occasions :( but atleast it will be a cool little mk1 golf :D

My plan is to end the recent spedning spree on the Rado and look to get something around August/September time, i dont really mind what it is but it cant be too small as itll ahve to ensure the 330 mile home and i dont fancy that in a 1.1!!!

It does get to that stage though Rob, its not just them getting dirty, its the miles, not wanting to leave it anywhere as well which isnt ideal...

It does get to that stage though Rob, its not just them getting dirty, its the miles, not wanting to leave it anywhere as well which isnt ideal...

I agree, i hate leaving my car anywhere and i dont like putting too many miles on it but i have already put 10k on it since i have owned it and it wasnt low milage then :shock: I on the other hand dont care if i only get a 1.1 as its just going to be for driving to uni and mates etc, although might for the 1.3 for that bit more power :wink: :lol:

I can relate to both of those concerns, which is why i run 2 cars. Not counting the purchase price of the 2nd car, it actually works out cheaper to run 2 cars than to run just the VR on average mileage (which i exceed with a 90 mile round trip to work and back each day).

Stick the storm on limited mileage, and buy a 306 turbo diesel. Ok so it's not VAG, but it's only group5 insurance (cost me 150quid to insure this year), and does 600 miles to a tank of fuel...

I agree, i hate leaving my car anywhere and i dont like putting too many miles on it

I can relate to both of those concerns, which is why i run 2 cars. Not counting the purchase price of the 2nd car, it actually works out cheaper to run 2 cars than to run just the VR on average mileage (which i exceed with a 90 mile round trip to work and back each day).

Preciousness (if that's a proper word Lol) is a terrible thing but I think you guys appreciate the disease once you start to get your C looking really nice! Steve you're absolutely right I found it cheaper to buy and run a 2nd car on a daily basis when I first got my VR - worth looking into.

Stick the storm on limited mileage, and buy a 306 turbo diesel.

I have every intention of doing so, i just need a cheap car, not bothered if its VAG, TBH it may be best if its not and then ill not fiddle with it..

Im gonna let me insurance finish which is in August and then move it to someone else with limited miles and get a work horse...

Michael, that Shrek looks superb 8) Looking forward to seeing it fitted.

What's your budget for a second car? TDI is definately the way to go imho.