Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Cheers guys. These are the Variant 1s as i dont really need to stiffen them up, to be honest they are spot on as they are so im well chuffed.

Hope your wheel is/has refurbed OK

Wheel refurb is tomorrow, looking forward to having it all sorted...

Fantastic stuff mate, it looks spot on. I guess it's been well worth the wait then! That's exactly the look I'm hoping to achieve with mine when I get my coilies fitted.

Nice one Dogzyboy, its the best thing ive done to the car, get it done asap i dont think youl look back.. You got the BMC in yet?

Heres another couple of cheeky ones...

Now why couldn't VW have done all us Corrado owners a favour & just made them at that ride height in the first place.

I see you've added a Schrick to your list of impending mods!! Awesome! Have you just robbed a bank or sommat!?!?! Very jealous, yer motor is looking great.

Not had time to get the BMC on yet, I'll get it done this weekend, and hopefully the coilies in a couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work! :)

Now why couldn't VW have done all us Corrado owners a favour & just made them at that ride height in the first place.

I know mate, if you look at some of the earlier pics of my car in this thread it looks rediculously high..

Have you just robbed a bank or sommat!?!?!

No robbing taking place, im setting myself up for a quiet summer but itll be worth it, fingers crossed cams and manifold should be in by the end of june. Its going to be getting modified slightly before going in.

Mapping will have to wait for the minute though unfortunately..

do you know what your drop/ride height is now Goldie? hoping to go this way later in the year..

do you know what your drop/ride height is now Goldie?

I dont mate but if you let me know what you want measuring ill get back to you. (its about 2 finger gap on front and rear)

I do know however that the speed bump outside where i work is going to kill the 90mm chin so it may have to go..

I dont mate but if you let me know what you want measuring ill get back to you. (its about 2 finger gap on front and rear)

I do know however that the speed bump outside where i work is going to kill the 90mm chin so it may have to go..

Leave it on mate! Mine scrapes coming off my drive and over a speed bump at work every day and its still as strong as ever! Plus a 90mm will act as a barrier for the sump as well :wink:

Leave it on mate! Mine scrapes coming off my drive and over a speed bump at work every day and its still as strong as ever! Plus a 90mm will act as a barrier for the sump as well

It just sounds worse than what it is. Youre right though, i dont fancy knocking the sump off...

Yeah definately sounds worse, as my mates will tell you after the other night they followed me over 3 large speed bumps which i caught like a bastard with my spoiler, the scrape echoed down the street but like i said i have no cracks in my spoiler and it still feels really sturdy! And my theory with the sump is that if you cant get over something with the 90mm spoiler then there is no risk hitting the sump where as with a 50mm you could get over higher humps but then you can catch the sump!

Remember the saying as well, if you aint scrubbin you aint dubbin :lol:

well not to worry unless you particularly get the chance but just interested to see what the difference could be over the standard koni/h&r setup..

and i'm still wondering about spacers for speedies/sollies, i think when the car is lowered properly the 15s could do with bringing out a bit... what do you think looking at that rear quarter pic of yours?

well not to worry unless you particularly get the chance but just interested to see what the difference could be over the standard koni/h&r setup..

and i'm still wondering about spacers for speedies/sollies, i think when the car is lowered properly the 15s could do with bringing out a bit... what do you think looking at that rear quarter pic of yours?

Yeah the speedies look lost in the arches when its low. I found that out when i was having my brocks refurbed and was using the speedies again (which felt lovely and soft compared to the crashy brocks :lol:) they looked SO small :lol:

I dont mind, just let me know.. TBH im well happy with the look of the 15s, i appreciate that if youve had big garden rollers on before then they will look tiny but i dont think the Solitudes look lost, id only ever take these off for a set of 301s and thats a few years away yet.

Much better now- looks complete

Cheers Andy, it looks like a different car, my only concern is as they bed in that it will drop a bit more, if so ill wind it back up a little..

what you tint the rears with?

The rears are tinted with Savage spray followed by lacquer...

Yeah, I prefer my Solitudes now the car is dropped they kinda look bigger when the car is lower...? :?

I just couldn't stand the original ride height :lol:

I just couldn't stand the original ride height

Agreed..

Did yours go any lower once the kit had bedded in?

How many fingers can you get between your wheels and your arches ojut of interest.. I remember seeing the pics of your car ages ago and thats what got me started on lowering it..

Haven't measured it since I had the kit fitted - was originally a -50mm drop at the front and rear, but I raised the front, so its only -35mm (speed bumps galore round here..)

It doesnt feel like it's got any lower over time, and they've been on the car for 2 years now

I dunno how many fingers I can get between the arch, will let you know

Definately cant fit a clenched fist in there anymore :rofl:

What a difference! looks well worth the wait and then some.

I'm way behind you but watching with interest. Saving even harder for coilovers now! :mrgreen:

Getting the ride height down that little bit just make Corrados look great. I really don't know why they left that 3" gap in the rear wheel arch?

Looks spot on now though! Good job.

just read your entire gallery Goldie & thats one very very nice looking Storm you've got there!

Think you we're getting your KW's fitted whilst my old girl was at Daz's too, really interested to hear some more feedback from you on them as am thinking about changing my Koni's to some variant 2's or 3's (bit of track day fun eventually)!

Alex

I really don't know why they left that 3" gap in the rear wheel arch?

To be honest Dave neither do I, if you look in the brochure it is as low as mine is now, its like VW knew it looked wrong and filled th boot with bricks.

Think you we're getting your KW's fitted whilst my old girl was at Daz's too,

Thats right, yours will be the one with the mahoosive brembos that is getting the full treatment, that is gooing to be one serious piece of kit when Darren has worked his magic. The Kws are excellent, they are reassuringly firm but but not too hard, from my limited experience id recommend.

I was admiring your VT front mount, feel i may have to have one of them..