Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

I reckon they look really good without going too far.

I know there are a lot of guys who like the entire DDI dial conversion but the suurounds are enough for mine.

penfoldvr6, heres the link for the dial surrounds, they are quite dear but look the business (even better when they are lit up). All you need is some superglue to pop em in.

http://www.dubdesignindustries.com/cata ... cts_id=229

M.P.H., still undecided and skint to be honest, im thinking Koni, FK silverlines or such alike. I dont want anything too firm though.

Gotta love the storm edition!

I absolutely love it, just a shame its poorly at the moment. Gonna be a long two weeks without her!!!

M.P.H., still undecided and skint to be honest, im thinking Koni, FK silverlines or such alike. I dont want anything too firm though.

Alright mate, so you know this happened to the Silverlines which couldnt of been too old!

When your back down we will have to go out in my G60 so you can feel how the weitecs feel (and how a G60 feels!!)

Dub_nut_g60, ah i might not be getting a set of those then!!

I just got back tonite (without the car)!!

Look forward to having a shot in it, are they not really firm though??

They are quite firm but dont feel crashy and ride is still good, they are the adjustables though so that cn be changed quickly!!

We can have a bit of play with it soft and hard if you want, afterall suspension settings are a personnal choice!

We can have a bit of play with it soft and hard if you want, afterall suspension settings are a personnal choice!

That would be ace Andy, i could do with a little "try before you buy" as i dont want to make th wrong decision.

Should be making the trip up North next weekend to get the car back so ill give you a shout soon after that...

Following a conversation with Tekara at the South Coast meet ive decided to upgrade my front brakes.

I still want to be able to wear the Solitudes so am going for the 288mm set up, kindly supplied to me by supercharged. Ive now got all the bits i need other than discs and pads which are in the post, happy days....

Other jobs taking me into April are to get a wheel refurbed and to finally, at long last, get the car lowered, i cant wait!!!!!!

Photos to come as im going.

Roll on the nice weather so we can all enjoy our Rados in the sunshine....

Well, after a few days off the road ive finished the 288mm Golf VR6 brake conversion... Took it out for a run tonight and what a huge improvement, so much steadier under braking, they feel great!!!

Had a bit of a faff getting them on as the passenger side connection between the flexi hose and solid brake line had seized so had to remove the brake line, cut it back and reswage it..

I appreciate that bigger brakes are available but for those of us who still want to wear 15 inch rims then this is the way ahead!! Its a quite straight forward job and the calipers required (either Golf or Passat VR6) are widely available.

Ill be taking some photos tomorrow for all to see..

Nice one Goldie! I wanted to do this to mine but they dont fit under my brocks :( so i just have to upgrade the discs to better ones but still standard size.

I wanted to do this to mine but they dont fit under my brocks

Your wheels are mahoosive, i thought youd be able to put 312mm or bigger under there...

Did you paint the calipers?

I did, went for red in the end and they look lovely, ive still got the backs to paint but ive missed not driving the car so ill do them in a week or so..

Glad to hear you're enjoying these! They are next on my list along with a remap. I've got 16's so I could probably fit bigger under there but i fancy retaining some originality.

Plus i also understand the difference between 280's and 288's is massive (Thanks to the calipers mainly) but after that the difference is quite small.

I've got 16's so I could probably fit bigger

I believe with certain 16s you can get the 312mm ones on...

Like you say, the disc size difference isnt huge but the piston is a lot bigger. Depending on whether you have any serious power mods in the pipeline id say these will be adequate..

Nah after the remap i'm pretty much done... i think!! :oops:

I've seen 16's with 312's but i'm 99% sure that 288's will be fine.

Looks like you've given me the 1% I was missing!

Is it an instant difference you find... or more push the pedal harder & there's the difference?

Is it an instant difference you find... or more push the pedal harder & there's the difference?

Much more solid braking for the same amount of pedal travel at high and low speeds.. Have only ran 25miles on them to bed in new discs and pads. Ive got the goodridge hoses on aswell.

Nice one - you paint them ok? pics??

Spent a while rubbing them down, went for red in the end, piccies will be tomorrow when ive cleaned it all up and have some daylight...

I wanted to do this to mine but they dont fit under my brocks

Your wheels are mahoosive, i thought youd be able to put 312mm or bigger under there...

Sadly not :( they are only 16's but because of the way they are designed with the deep dish etc they only just fit over my standards! Bit w@nk really but they look good so i will just have to upgrade discs/pads like i said.

Heres a few close ups of the brakes...

Im hoping to give the whole car a good clean up at the weekend and get the rears painted next week so more to come.