Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Nice one Goldie. Looks much better.... So much for keeping it standard, eh? Is that a schrick i can see in your avatar?

what did you lower the back and front by 40mm??

Its further than 40mm Jon, i can just get 2 fingers between tyre and arch all round now whereas standard i could get my whole hand..

for the record whilst im waiting for my flight.. your car was dropped to 585mm front and 600mm rear. these measurments are taken from floor to centre of arch.

for the record whilst im waiting for my flight..

where else would you get that kind of after-sales follow up from?! :) :thumbleft:

So much for keeping it standard, eh? Is that a schrick i can see in your avatar?

I just couldnt help myself, only going for upgrades that suite the car. The Schrick is something ive been thinking about for ages and cant wait to get it sorted out..

for the record whilst im waiting for my flight

Waiting to go on holiday and your still doing VWs, thats dedication if ever i saw it...

That looks wicked mate :-) bet she rides like a dream now!

Cant wait to see her up close! Have a few new bits waiting to go on mine too going to be a busy weekend if all goes to plan :twisted:

Goldie, your C is getting better by the day. I can certainly vouch for the KW's having taken your car for a spin yesterday. You have inspired me to invest!

Thats right, yours will be the one with the mahoosive brembos that is getting the full treatment, that is gooing to be one serious piece of kit when Darren has worked his magic. The Kws are excellent, they are reassuringly firm but but not too hard, from my limited experience id recommend.

I was admiring your VT front mount, feel i may have to have one of them..

Aye that was my old girl, Darren really is a wizard! works some seriously long hours too till he's 100% happy with your car, she's got a long way to go yet but we're getting there!

I'd cheerfully swap my VR's bodywork for yours though after seeing those photo's...but i think i know what the swift reply would be :lol:

i'd very much recomend the VT mount, really sorts out all that squirming around the engine used to do under hard acceleration / braking etc, really nice bit of kit.

I can certainly vouch for the KW's having taken your car for a spin yesterday. You have inspired me to invest!

Get some bought, imagine how good your would look lowered on the gorgeous wheels..

welcome to the world of splitter scrapeage!

Yip, theres been a couple of rubs up to now, its not as low as yours Andy, you must be constantly hitting the splitter..

alex303, glad to hear that recommendation for the VT mount, think its a good idea to get one in before i sort the Schrick.

I'd cheerfully swap my VR's bodywork for yours though after seeing those photo's...but i think i know what the swift reply would be

Well............no ta... :)

I get the impression your car isnt about nice shiny panels, i think its all about the power for you..

The front mount is a real must, I had the fast-road one for my standard VR. I couldn't believe how much the handling improved and the gearchange was better aswell.

Im thinking ill do this at same thime that i put the VGI on, probably gonna reduce the chances of it clipping the bonnet..

I get the impression your car isnt about nice shiny panels, i think its all about the power for you..

i'm blagging it that my old tubs the Stealthy look :wink:

get the VT mate you definitely won't regret it!

The front mount is a real must, I had the fast-road one for my standard VR. I couldn't believe how much the handling improved and the gearchange was better aswell.

I had a VT front mount fitted yesterday and was really surprised how it improves the feel through corners especially going quick around islands.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that one. Worn front mounts do have a habit of allowing the engine to hit the bonnet!!

When you take it off it's the most complex piece of rubber engineering, but way to soft even when new.

Some new diesels have adaptive engine mounts. Like the ferro suspension dampers you can get now. Apply an electric current and metal particles in the mount stiffen the damping. Cool stuff, gives the best of both worlds.

Ben, well worth every penny. I know it's a bit of a shock when you have to buy it (ie not cheap), but one of the best 'easy fit' mods you can do.

You guys are spending more of my money!!! :) It has been an expensive couple of weeks.

I guess a little cheeky engine mount isnt going to make much difference..

Looks miles better mate, I look at old pictures of mine and can't believe i didn't do it sooner. Oh yeah and 90mm splitters and lowering are great fun :lol:

Oh yeah and 90mm splitters and lowering are great fun

Ive noticed that already, a few places have been deemed no go areas after some scraping!!

(very nice mate. want any bits off mine cos it's going soon!!)

really? whys that? what will be on offer?!

Lower ya big Jessy!

Not a chance, its low enough...

Whats happening with your car and whats it being replaced with??

I wouldnt care but ive just bought a Schrick and need it polishing, if id known yours was coming up i would have hung on.

I have a set of cams possibly lined up but if that falls through id be interested in taking them..

I'm just absolutely fed up of things breaking/falling off/dying. The latest bits are the suspension (over a grand's worth retail) - looks like at least one of the front dampers has blown, and the gearbox - apparently it couldn't take the savagery of the new engine! Thats not to mention the recent wheel bearing, brakes, etc, etc.

I've just had enough now! Thinking of an S3/4motion/R32 or something similar. Just got a fat pay rise so might as well loan myself up one time!! :)

May keep the rado - not sure yet. I hate it personally at the moment :)

duke_st, if I do get rid, there will be many goodies up for sale!

Brand new VAG engine, schrick intake mani and cams, 6 branch, miltek exhaust and sport cat, CDA, H&R RSS Clubsport coilies, black diamond brakes, black leather, air-con system, etc, etc.