Sign in to follow this  
Rocket Ron

High prices for Corrados

I've just seen this VR6 for £3750 a 93 L 115k but have just looked at Parkers guide for an idea on what it is realy worth to my surprise it is only worth £1595 for a good example private and £2100 Franchise. I know the Corrado is said to be now a classic but don't you think they are now getting out of control with the prices. The Storm prices are even more.

Mind you if people are prepared to pay high prices they are going to continue to be high.

What does every one think.

Where does everyone get their prices from when it comes to selling.

I'm glad to see the prices freezing aroung the 4k mark for a good VR and I think 5-6K is reasonable for a Storm. Parker's indication seems very low to me.

Guide prices are always way off!

The only way to get a view of the true prices is to see what they are actually going for on autotrader and the like

There's not many VR6's around for below £2k. They are generally between 3-6k

If your looking for a very good value 93 VR6 then look no further than gradeAfailure, in the for sale section, shame it's not the colour i am looking :(

But generally be willing to pay 3.5K+ for a decent VR, other wise your looking at a G60

These guide prices are accurate,when I say that I mean

they are because this is probably all the insurance will give you if write one of these lovely cars off.

My attitude with insurance is find me another,same milage etc etc

(And pray)

if you need a guide as to what is a fairly priced Corrado the best place to look is here rather than some "used" car price guide that doesn't take into consideration a cars cult status.........ppl here will soon enough tell you if a Corrado you have seen is over-priced/bang on the money/steal of the century.......yes you can pick up a Corrado VR6 for under £2k.........but it will bite back you big time with either a chequered history,expensive faults orwill be mega mega miles

at the moment I think Corrado prices are fairly on the low side,they will however pick up in the next 2-3years

the c is a cool/capable machine.but its basically a mk3 golf floor pan with coupe body.i just carnt get my head around the void in prices for the 2 different vrs?you could buy a mint mk3 vr for 3k,and chuck the 3k you saved by not buying a storm and use it for:turbo/sc/248s/shricj...

its got to be the cult/demand/exclusivity thing?

Corrado handles a little better than the Golf though - you don't hear the Mk3 being praised as one of the best handling FWD cars ever, do you...? ;)

the c is a cool/capable machine.but its basically a mk3 golf floor pan with coupe body.

its a mk2 Golf/Passat chassis/floorpan hybrid btw

the only mk3 bit really involved is the plus suspension of the VR's

the C's got a slightly bigger engine and more ponies under the bonnet as well. the golf highlines still hold there money pretty well just like the storms

i dont think i prodded the tiger,but the shutters went up and everybody went on the defensive :) .

i would have bought one 18mnths back,but my mate wanted 6k for his 95n,102k fvwsh that was standard-maybe a bargin then? :cry:

waited a while and got a 2.9sc golf with all the toys,thats had 8k worth of mods,mostly done at stealth.to boot the car only cost c storm money :D .

if i could have bought a c storm with the same mods,i'd buy one 2moz :) .i guess demand for a pristine example pushes up he price :mad: .

a car is onyl worth what someone is willing to pay.

parkers denotes what dealers/traders are willing to pay.

a decent vr6 corrado with low miles for less than £4k is a bargain at the moment.

storms are jus t a rip off, period, no matter what owners and idiot motoring journalists may tell you.

adevr6 wrote:

the c is a cool/capable machine.but its basically a mk3 golf floor pan with coupe body

"A Stradivarius is only wood and catgut."

adevr6 wrote:

the c is a cool/capable machine.but its basically a mk3 golf floor pan with coupe body

"A Stradivarius is only wood and catgut."

And not even the original strings....

I had a hunt today on Autotrader after reading the advert and I must say prices seem to have dropped a little.. searched the entire country and even the mintiest most expensive ones were maxing out about £7000...

Still - not bad residuals for a good VR6 if you've kept it in good condition!

Long live high prices... i like most of you already own one so i'd lovely to get millions for her if i ever decide to sell.

Bit of a silly argument this one. It's a bit along the lines of why does a 30 year old Jag cost more than a new one?

Yes the mk.III goof is cheaper but the reason for it is that they are not as desirable as a Corrado.

Why? Well there were less Corrados made for starters, second the mk.III is looked upon by many as being one of the worst of the whole range with regards to the GTi pedegree.

As for prices now, I think and so do a few others that Corrado prices are as low as they are going to go. Parts are increasingly becoming obsolete which will drive demand up for the current cheapos that are being broken for spares - as such less Corrados available and a higher premium for them.

i though it was a constructive debate where people could express their input/opinion.just because you have a differing opinion;there is no need to put blinkers on! :(

yandards post isn't far off the mark though. :lol:

Its exactly the same as almost every other commodity in the world mate.

All about supply and demand.

Golf = high supply and therefore low demand and low price

Rado = low supply and therefore high demand and high price

And of course the golf is a nonce's car for gay kiddie fiddlers :)