Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

lucky escape

well last night i most definately had one. was coming back from the weekly FLOG meet, going down the A5127 from lichfield to sutton, when an on coming articulated lorry hit a low bridge, this made him loose control, and the whole thing flipped over into my side of the road, its a good job i was only doing 60, and TT brakes DO work well, its a very scary sight seeing a lorry skid towards you on its side, i ended up about 10ft from the cab, got the driver out, and got the emergency services there. i did not sleep much last night.

your right you are lucky! makes you think what if when something like that happens but at least you managed to avoid it was the driver ok?

yeh the driver was ok after he regained he's senses, just a little cut on he's brow, and he's legs were sore. he phoned me today to say thanks for helping,

Good work mate.

Had a similar thing earlier in the summer where I drove round a corner to find an upturned impreza only feet away from me! Fortunately it didn't nearly hit me!

Nice one bruvva....well done *pats on back*

Used to go to the flog meets myself, once i get a g60 i'll be going again, i'll see you there i expect.

Blimey! Have been in similar situations myself a couple of times - but both times I've had to deal with unconcious drivers :(

Knocks you for six for at least a couple of days!

Whats a flog meet?

Flog is a group that gets together every thursday evening at the Bowling Green pub in Lichfield. For the cleverer ones amongst you you will have noticed that flog is golf spelt backwards. Its for all vag vehicles and there is always a good variety of motors from retro mk1's, vr mk2's to toureg's etc. Even a Gallardo in the past.

Should take a drive down if you are in the area, folks are dead friendly.