Sign in to follow this  
vdubCorrado

Headlights from ordinary to awesome!

so i just got my lights off of someone from here and they arrived with one lense smashed! :mad:

euroheadlightbrokeonbox.jpg

euroheadlightbrokeclose.jpg

but luckily i had brand new late style lenses and bezels already on their way to me and arrived a day after the headlights!

Corradoeuroheadlightsallparts.jpg

Corradoeuroheadlightslatelensesnew.jpg

so i got started... obviously i disassembled them... so i decided to yellow tint the inner lights to make them look french spec. i had decided to tape off the section i didn't want yellow but only did quick job for 2 reasons one because it will soon be blacked out and 2ndly because that chrome on the headlights come off with any kind of tape... i know i used packaging tape but only cause i couldn't find my damn masking tape! but masking tape will pull the chrome off as well... so i guess vasoline would work if you only wanted to yellow your inner lights but i can't confirm that for sure... but here are the pictures...

Corradoeuroheadlightsyellowedonly.jpg

what i used was a can of stain glass paint on them, works wonders!!!! i've used it to red out tail lights, red out orange side markers, and now to yellow out the headlights... i thought about doing fogs as well but i think i am going to go with brand new OEM french yellow fogs... if someone wants to know the actual name and part number off of the can i can post it when i get home...

and i am not quite done as you can see i only did one of them and didn't reassemble yet i let it it to dry and see if i need to do a 2nd coat... also to not have to tape for the blackout i did it all by hand... i used Krylon plastic paint so it would stick better but the stuff is really runny so if i had to do it again i don't think i would have used that...

Corradoeuroheadlightsstartedyell-1.jpg

ahh they're done!!!!

Corradoeuroheadlightsdone.jpg

corradoeuroheadlightclosefinished.jpg

more progress pics to come on monday... should be together and fully assembled by tuesday!

i am off to http://www.h2ointernational.com/ so that's all i have for today, a friend of mine is showing his car i'll post pictures later... some don't like the color... it's tornado red with blue pearl... and it's what actually stopped him from getting into performance vw and euro tuner... stupid! his 8v he fully built himself assembly and everything put 358 to the wheels and everyone just has to talk down on the paint which looks pink in some angles but many looks matchstick red or like uh... damn what's the MK4 GLI blue? cause it looks like that as well in angles... anyways i'm off to the show!

I dont understand yellow lenses.

I think they are almost as bad as undercar neons... :roll:

*edit* good progress on what your doing, and im sure itll make a good guide for the wiki too...?!

I dont understand yellow lenses.

I think they are almost as bad as undercar neons... :roll:

i think not :roll: its all about personal taste mate,an i personally like mine,an @ the end of the day thats what counts,plus i all my silver was peelin off the inside of me lamps so it kinda covered it :lol:

wow i never saw your picture, that's looks great and gives me a good idea what they'll look since my rado's red... for now atleast... and i've never seen anyone do that before so atleast i'm not the first haha

as for as bad as neons... well i don't see it but it's all personal taste... it better than what i have now... i had my car sold it and one of the owners after me did this and now that i got it back it has to go... not my thing on a corrado... MK2 maybe...

Corradopassengerfrontyellowd.jpg

sorry about the size of the picture when i get home i'll resize or take it down...

oh if anyone tries this... for tinting of any kind whether it's this or tail lights or sidemarkers in black red yellow what ever... some advice is take quick sprays the full length of what you are spraying or you'll get spots that bunch up and when they light up you'll see it... yeh haha i've done alot of tiniting and redding in my days haha

thanks... p.s. don't judge my corrado by that picture haha the whole front end is bign replaced, bumper, fenders, hood, rad support, headlights, fog lights, indicators... and i may sell the doors as well haha

they might be up later today, i am going out to put them in my car to take pictures and take them right back out so no damage happens in the tow down to my new house...

corradowithfinishedeurolightsonhood.jpg

corradowitheurolightsfinishedstraig.jpg

Corradowitheurolightsfinishedpassen.jpg

look no more early headlight to grille gap!

corradofinishedeurolightclosepassen.jpg

corradostockyellowedlightdriverside.jpg

yes i know the car is filthy and really needs a good cleaning or polish so to say? but it's getting the ultimate job done to it soon. like 100% stipping, cleaning, and repainting. oh and i realized the onyl pannel on the car i am not replacing is the shell :lol: everything else goes, doors, fenders/wings, hood/bonnet, hatch/tailgate, front bumper, rear bumper being shaved with parts from another bumper... i can't wait to get this project rolling i got my house yesterday so when i do the final move down october 20th weekend is when it gets started! and come sprign i am going to have Bill Schimmel machine my 16v block, balance, blueprint, and assemble my engine i can't wait. i'm seriously so excited! haha

You need to get yourself a nice 90 mm front splitter 8)

Those US spec lenses look sh*t mate, but your new ones look cool :thumb right:

You need to get yourself a nice 90 mm front splitter 8)

Those US spec lenses look sh*t mate, but your new ones look cool :thumb right:

haha thanks. but it's been a while i didn't think anyone else ever said anything... the US bumper is being replaced and will have late fogs and indicators with a new lower grille and tow hooks as well as a new 90mm lip. haha so yeh you read my intentions there :D the cars going to be stipped soon for a complete rebuild, it's gonna be fun i can;t wait to get the car at my new house and get started haha

I hope you didnt get the lights from anyone from England. You are going to piss off a lot of people on any American road!