Sign in to follow this  
Roger Blassberg

Lights - a whinge, maybe even a rant.

I was just reading a thread elsewhere on this forum on the subject of driving on sidelights/parking lights/foglights/nolights-at-all !!

It reminded me to ask others if they have noticed the ever more bizarre behaviour of some people in apparently disconnecting their outer brakelights and leaving only the high-level one operating. Hondas driven by infants seem to be the worst offenders.

I see this so often now that it can't just be the result of neglect. I even followed one car (a Honda) the other day until I could tell the driver (an infant) that his lights were dangerous and his response made it obvious that this was deliberate behaviour on his part.

Neglect of the maintenance of other lights (and I assume of other safety-related parts) seems to be endemic as well. Have a look yourself at how many headlight/taillight failures you see now that the nights are getting longer.

I suppose that there is too little money to be swept into the coffers by the police to make enforcement a viable proposition.

I feel very much better now, thank you.........

Best wishes

RB

The police will pull people over if they have "disabled" some lights, surely?

And that then gives them an excuse to search the rest of the car, particularly if it's full of tweenies..

People don't like to be told their car is rubbish/stupid. There was a guy in a mk1 Golf ahead of me the other night. The front end of the car was bouncing like Paris Hilton, and I thought about stopping them to suggest they get their shocks checked .. but noticed the baseball caps .. and decided to let them find out for themselves on the next bump mid-corner .. :)

isn't it a legal reqirement to have 2 lights on a car? If the poolice pull them over then it should be a £60 on the spot fine, £30 for each light

Can't say I've noticed people pulling the outer brake lights. Maybe Honda rear clusters are just cr@p and they blow all the time and the middle brake light is a hella and therefore reliable? :lol:

The roads are very lawless these days. I used to see at least one patrol car everyday about 6 or 7 years ago......I seldom see them at all now.....unless pulling over a middle aged tax payer for doing 33 in a 30 :roll: