Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Roughly how many miles should i get to half a tank in my VR?

I guess as the VR has Sso much torque compared to the G60, you never really need to put your foot down?!

That's exactly it, once you're on the open road you rarely need to come out of 4th/5th gear. The VR will pull in 5th gear from as little as 30mph... :)

I guess as the VR has Sso much torque compared to the G60, you never really need to put your foot down?!

That's exactly it, once you're on the open road you rarely need to come out of 4th/5th gear. The VR will pull in 5th gear from as little as 30mph... :)

Absolutely mate. Now I've got the schrick intake it's even better - I can literally cruise round town in 5th! :)

so much nore torque??? lol

181 lb/ft of torque a standard vr iirc?

nost modded g60's will produce a better torque reading than this!

you know what you need boys a big fat supercharger! :lol:

i must admit thou my fuel consumption is shocking!

Is my vr god on fuel or something because as previously mentioned my fuel level sender has packed up so i dont know how much fuel i have :lol:

I filled it up last week and done 350 miles and thought i'd better fill up now, i filled it up (with v-power ofcourse) and it only took £50 to fill up :scratch: that means it had like another £15-£20 left in it doesnt it? So in theory i could of made over 400 miles quite easily :D

Does this sound about right or do i need to stop being a fart and have a bit more fun in my vr? :lol:

Rob.

I reckon you have the 70 litre fuel tank then mate? But you still need to stop farting about as well! :)

IOW - you can't really compare a standard VR to a modded G60 though mate!

will ok you and trigger win!

i agree with you thou mate anyone getting high+mpg all the time needs to start driving the C! coz i know thats what i brought mine for! :lol:

off topic: you coming down to the southern meet!

Yeah i must have, my car is a 95' model so im guessin they put the bigger tank in when the other changes were made?

So working it out i done 350 miles to £50 so thats about 31 mpg, im quite pleased with that :D

Rob.

lol :)

We all win mate - we've all got Rado's after all! :)

I'm hoping to come to the meet but it depends on the kids. They don't like the new suspension so if I've got them for the weekend I won't be able to make it ;)

Yeah i must have, my car is a 95' model so im guessin they put the bigger tank in when the other changes were made?

So working it out i done 350 miles to £50 so thats about 31 mpg, im quite pleased with that :D

Rob.

Put your bloody foot down man! :lol:

I'm runnng mine in at the moment so don't go over 3000 revs, and I still only got 30 mpg on a 300 mile run!!!

:lol: yeah i will have to start having some more fun, after all if i wanted a car that was good on fuel i would NOT have bought a vr6! I would of bought a (dramatic music please) DIESEL!! :lol:

Rob.

:lol: diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel :p

well im worried after reading this thread. 500 miles!!!!! i fill up my 93 vr with vpower all the time and i only get around 200 miles out of a full tank. I can only dream of 350 miles let alone 500. Saying that i think my vr is running a bit rich. Which brings me onto the question how do i go about adjusting it the mixture?

Like Rob I'm running a late model VR with the 70 litre tank. Admittedly about half my motoring is motorway, but my commute contains a mixture of that and B road blasting, and the weekends are more of the latter. Some town motoring gets thrown in too and yet I still get 390 miles between each fill-up and that's with a fill up costing me about fifty five to sixty quid absolute max.

I'm certainly not sparing the horses but then the VR just loves to cruise.

I only get around 230 miles to a tank..

But thats because I drive it around traffic laden london roads.

I'm averaging about 20-22 mpg

I consider it an achievement to break 25mpg! :lol:

However when I drive it on motorways I can easily get over 30mpg

When I first bought the car, I managed about 38mpg on the journey home :lol:

Yeah I use V-power all the time too.

Come to think of it I reckon I've got the smaller fuel tank - there's no way I'd get 70 litres in! The smaller one's 55 litres or so isn't it? Sounds more like it....

it certainly wouldn't have come out the factory with the smaller tank...ALL C VR's have 70l/15gal tanks

Just be re reading this thread as i was looking at my fuel level and miles travelled etc...

On the way to work this morning i noticed that i have used 3/4 of a tank and have done just under 350 miles, and thats with spending saturday driving in and out of Pompey in football traffic!!

Probabaly helps that my commute is 45 miles each way with very few hold ups!

Think ive got a decent combination at the moment, decent power and nice fuel economy!

I get Roughly 280-300 out of a full tank on my G (15 gallon), thats with commuting everyday (only 10 miles each way) and pottering around!!

Dub_nut_g60, you must be doing something right mate i can only dream of 500 miles to a tank!!

well i have 15gallon tank, usually do 25mpg, that works out at 375miles to a tank

some people are quoting figures that work out at 15mpg :!

hi all an update as i have now owned both and i have to say the vr is defo better on fuel than the g as like mentioned before you can be doing 30 -35 in 5th in the vr and its quite happy doing this where as the G didnt like it nearly as much but i will say i put £70 in the vr over the weekend and i got total of 515 miles was very happy with this think mpg was about 29 -30

you can be doing 30 -35 in 5th in the vr and its quite happy doing this where as the G didnt like it nearly as much

:? maybe its just me, but my G seems quite happy sitting at 30 in 5th! plant the throttle and she will pull all the way to silly numbers. Shes much happier doing low speeds in 5th than my old MK2 CL.

you can be doing 30 -35 in 5th in the vr and its quite happy doing this where as the G didnt like it nearly as much

:? maybe its just me, but my G seems quite happy sitting at 30 in 5th! plant the throttle and she will pull all the way to silly numbers. Shes much happier doing low speeds in 5th than my old MK2 CL.[/quote:6a877]

Yes, I went from a Mk II CL to my VR and it's much happier sitting at 30 in 5th and cruising round town, but equally happy cruising at 90 in 5th on the motorway.